Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
My first pair of racing pigeons were fabry,when I was 13 yrs old, from Dave Anderson bloodline so I like to keep it oldschool!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Dito what Warren said. Everyday when I go into my loft I think how kick but the hens look. Most birds are down from Janssen birds. As far as a favorite strain, if I could stock my loft with 10 birds from one flier, I would probably go with Vandenheede birds. Not sure what US family I would want right now. I am a bit biased to my family because I have been working on them for 8 years now. I would have to look the race records over.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
http://www.pipa.be/artikelsnew/martinm/claessens/claessenseng6.htm

Here is a link to PiPa with an interview with Ludo Claessen. Unfortunately, he sold out his entire colony for a million some EURO and thus is enjoying the good life with his wife on a beach somewhere. I have been trying to maintain the stock he sent me in case the pigeon bug bites him again.

If you looked at, and held my 2011 Winners Cup Champ, then one would understand why even Ludo referred to me as a "Claessen Fanatic". :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't have a preferred strain. I Believe all strains are good.. just depends on the bird that u get from the person. How good that persons birds are.. I think all strains have there weakness. so i feel that it all depends on what type of racing and what ur goals are.. then try to accomplish it by strengthening there weakness with other birds. I too recently got some white bandit and working on them right now..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts