inside diameter= 11mm by height= 3mm to 12mm.....price $2 each

letter size is 2mm

we can put anything you like on the bands

minimum order is 20 bands/rings...free shipping anywhere in the world

Attachments

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
They do not have rolled edges on them like the old aluminum bands. I would be worried about how they would ware on their leggs over time?

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They do not have rolled edges on them like the old aluminum bands. I would be worried about how they would ware on their leggs over time?
well when these aluminum start to wear your birds already died of old age, the top and bottom edge, inside and outside are all smooth

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I don't think he cares how the band would ware, In the pics the inside edge looks sharp. We were woried how the leg would ware.
Dave

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well those are not yet finish products, we supposed to paint them with gold and the letters/numbers should be painted with black. those are order from other client of us, i just posted here so everyone could see.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Ok, am looking forward to seeing the finished product and a closeup of the sanded/rounded edges.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Well sorry to be the barer of bad news but if your racing you should know that only Au and IF bands can be used, You can check it out with the AU or IF. For show birds only NPA bands can be used at NPA events and you can check it out with the NPA GEORGE;)

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Yes George--I was wondering who would pay $1.15 for those bands and for what reason?
Maybe a Feather Merchant?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sorry, but that price seems way too high for what you'd be getting as the final product... I like the personalized plastic clip-ons you can get from vendors like Siegel's. The clip-ons can get 10 letters on 2 lines printed on them and are same colored ones a lot of guys already use. The European style are bigger and a little hard to fit on the leg with the timing chip or the federation band, but they're laser printed, plastic coated and look good -- at $36.95 for 100 that's only 37 cents per band and much cheaper than these $1.15 - $2 ones. IMO the final painted and smooth product better look great on these and come in at a much cheaper price to even be competitive. Hard to make money in the band business I guess...

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well sorry to be the barer of bad news but if your racing you should know that only Au and IF bands can be used, You can check it out with the AU or IF. For show birds only NPA bands can be used at NPA events and you can check it out with the NPA GEORGE;)
here in the philippines, top fanciers use this kind of band as personalise band

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sorry, but that price seems way too high for what you'd be getting as the final product... I like the personalized plastic clip-ons you can get from vendors like Siegel's. The clip-ons can get 10 letters on 2 lines printed on them and are same colored ones a lot of guys already use. The European style are bigger and a little hard to fit on the leg with the timing chip or the federation band, but they're laser printed, plastic coated and look good -- at $36.95 for 100 that's only 37 cents per band and much cheaper than these $1.15 - $2 ones. IMO the final painted and smooth product better look great on these and come in at a much cheaper price to even be competitive. Hard to make money in the band business I guess...
dude, these are handmade bands not manufactured by machine, making just one band will take you 1 hour not including painting

average salary in u.s. is $10 per hour. other people here selling it at $8 a piece to top fanciers and these fanciers are not worried about the price because they want people to think that their birds are expensive :), we only charge $1.5 a piece,

you do the math, thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
dude, these are handmade bands not manufactured by machine, making just one band will take you 1 hour not including painting

average salary in u.s. is $10 per hour. I dont have to explain everything, you do the math, thanks
I understand the math and can appreciate the effort that goes into making something by hand. I was just saying I bet it is hard to make money on anything that takes an hour to make when you compete against products that are made in bulk at much lower prices. Seriously I wish you good luck though. :)

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Thats just aluminum stock cut with a pipe cutter, the in side edge would have to be sharp.
Dave
of course we will sandpaper the inside edge, it will be smooth
well when these aluminum start to wear your birds already died of old age, the top and bottom edge, inside and outside are all smooth
Thats actully a very good definate guarantee.
Heres one reason, bird poop !!!
Any bird poop getting on these bands will stick to it like glue unless cleaned off immediately.
Aluminium is actually a pourus metal (which is why it is so light), and unless treated with chemicals and anodized before use, if any poop gets down between the band and the leg, it will stick, harden and wear the skin on the birds leg.
Even if it was cleaned quickly, the urate from the poop will have had time to soak into the surface of the metal & it will cause the metal to swell & the surface to crack up & be rough, which again will irritate the birds skin.
Sandpapering aluminium does not make it smooth. All it does is makes the rough areas run in the same direction, and actually makes it easier for the poop to stick.
Old aluminium rings were made from "rolling" the aluminium at the correct temperature & pressure to compress the "porous" texture and make it smooth, they were then "dipped" & anodized to seal the surface. This doesent actually totaly cure the porous nature, but it does give it a longer useable life without decay.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thats actully a very good definate guarantee.
Heres one reason, bird poop !!!
Any bird poop getting on these bands will stick to it like glue unless cleaned off immediately.
Aluminium is actually a pourus metal (which is why it is so light), and unless treated with chemicals and anodized before use, if any poop gets down between the band and the leg, it will stick, harden and wear the skin on the birds leg.
Even if it was cleaned quickly, the urate from the poop will have had time to soak into the surface of the metal & it will cause the metal to swell & the surface to crack up & be rough, which again will irritate the birds skin.
Sandpapering aluminium does not make it smooth. All it does is makes the rough areas run in the same direction, and actually makes it easier for the poop to stick.
Old aluminium rings were made from "rolling" the aluminium at the correct temperature & pressure to compress the "porous" texture and make it smooth, they were then "dipped" & anodized to seal the surface. This doesent actually totaly cure the porous nature, but it does give it a longer useable life without decay.
ok show me some proof, any pictures that a bird got sick or died because of using an aluminum band. If you do, i will delete this thread, what you guys do is come in to my thread and comment negatively without giving or showing some proof, i challenge you all, show me the evidence.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Yes toilco--I'm waiting for Quazar answer also.
I have kept pigeons with Bands on them that the A U sent me for 20 years.
His sataement -"but it does give it a longer usable life without decay.
So HOW long is longer or shorter life without decay????????????

·
Registered
4,861 Posts

average salary in u.s. is $10 per hour.

That may be average in the US, your not from the US. Min. wage in the Phillipines is only about $ 0.18 per hour US. So just how many kids do you have working for you?
Dave

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Is that really true ? So, what do people do in China or India or 95% of the fanciers worldwide who don't belong to eithe AU, IF, or NPA ? I am a member of an AU chartered club, (USA) and we fly with an IF combine. Neither one of these local groups to the best of my knowledge, has any written regulation that the bands must be provided by either the AU or IF organizations. I have quite a number of birds in my colony with bands which say "NL" and if I would choose to fly those pigeons in a race (fat chance) I don't think anyone would raise the issue. As long as it is a seamless leg band, as a race secretary I would allow the bird to be entered. From my way of thinking, worse case the bird would not be eligible for National awards, but does not prevent a bird from winning local awards.

For reference for fanciers in USA, here are AU rules:

7.08 Only birds with unaltered seamless racing pigeon size bands, with size approved by the AU, may be entered in an AU recognized race. (See Rule 7.09)
7.09 A member may fly alien banded birds as young birds without paying a registration fee. However, if a flyer opts to fly alien banded birds (IF, CU or FMC) as old birds, they must be registered as follows. (Effective OB 2009)
Birds banded only with AU, I.F., CU, FMC may be entered or released in an AU race and be eligible for AU national awards and diplomas, providing: (11/04) (7/05)
The handler must be an active AU member; All non-AU bands recognized by the AU: IF, CU, & FMC, must be registered with the AU office, prior to competition to be eligible for AU awards. (11/04) I.F., CU, and FMC bands must be registered by the flyer prior to January 15, with the AU National Office. (7/07)
Only those bands registered by the above date, and prior to competition shall be eligible for any AU award. (7/07)
The cost of registration is $1.00 (one dollar-U.S.) for each registered bird. This is a permanent registration for the alien banded bird. (Note: The Initials FMC cited above are the initials used by the Federacion Mexicana De Colombofilia.) (11/04) (7/05) (7/08). (Effective OB 2009)
Please note: Applications for AU national awards by any member reentering the AU will be reviewed on an individual basis by the AU Competitions Standards Committee. Use of foreign bands for any such application shall require prior registration with the AU national office and bird records achieved prior to alien registration will not be eligible for AU awards. See above. (1/2k)

Does beg the question however, as to why someone would pay $1.50 each for bands, when for half that much the birds can be banded with an AU band, (In the USA) and have National Registration and a way for people to track down the owner, with a portion of the sales price going towards the cost of operating the National Organization. No disrespect, but I don't see any advantage of this product over what is already being supplied, only some major disadvantages, but good luck on the venture.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts