Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I collect Racing Pigeon bands. Most of you will be getting new bands in the next few weeks. If you have any bands you will no longer need-I will be glad to send you my Mailing Address.
I have about 4200 different bands from 80-85 countries. Maybe 88 countries depending on how you cout them. Spliting-up-changeing names ETC.
The plans are that my collection will end-up at the World of Wings in Oklahoma City when I am underground.
I have about 1100-USA bands AU & IF--500-550 different LETTERS in my USA collection.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Good for you, Sky! Do you belong to the Pigeon Ring Collectors Group on Yahoogroups? If not, you might find that a helpful group of people to know.

If you keep records of the bands you have and where they came from, you could also be a tremendous help to those of us who get stuck trying to track down where certain bands came from when we get those birds in as rescues.

Terry

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes T/A I have been a member of that group 5-6 years-maybe more- and have traded with 100-150 other Collectors World Wide. It has been very little activity and no younger new members. Looks like another Pigeon releated group is about to "FOLD". Several of the older members have "packed it in ".
I'm 73 y/o and lossing interest also as it is getting Hard to get rings I don't have. When Bands/Rings started selling on E-Bay it really hurt our hobby. The group you mention do not Buy ot Sell--only swap/trade bands and we are running out of different Rings to swap
In the "file section" of this group Jan Lombard from South Africa has a list of 3, 000 club Letters that helps us keep up with where Rings are from..
Thanks for the reply.----Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts