Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day i want to buy a few young or stock racing pigeons. I stay in south africa and the pigeons must be from america or germany. I will pay up to $40 a baby. If anyone know how much it will be to ship or fly them then please post it here.
Thanx

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Some of the best bird in the world get shiped there for the million dollar race. You should try to get some of them, not sure how to go about it but they are allready there.
Dave

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Good day i want to buy a few young or stock racing pigeons. I stay in south africa and the pigeons must be from america or germany. I will pay up to $40 a baby. If anyone know how much it will be to ship or fly them then please post it here.
Thanx
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure shipping and possible quarantine into S. Africa, if they have such a thing, will run more then your $40 budget. I can only speak for me, but for $40, I'm not even willing to go to the trouble of driving to the post office and waiting in line. Like the other post suggested, your best bet would be right there where you live. :)

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Now Warren i've read a lot of your posts, if some kid wanted a bird bad enough you would give it to him, and probably pay the shiping.
Dave

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I can not even imagine, the shipping costs, and the quarantine costs( if they require it) IT WOULD BE HUGE! Why do you not locate a flyer is south Africa, or close to your home? Dave

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
He or she has been told that at least 4 times now lol
it would cost they first born child to get birds shipped from the US to South Africa

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First of all im not a kid. Ive been flying pigeons for 34 years now and got more experience than most of the newbies here. Ive ended up last year with 2nd position in a union with 286 members. No one told me anything about prices,i will pay the shipping ect.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get the message that some of you guys are thinking that i just started with pigeons well thats not the case i have +-700 pure racers and breeders. Jansens - vermeiens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Contacts to export pigeons from the US

Contact either Bert Oostlander of Global Pigeon Supplies at email address: [email protected] or Bob Roberson at email address [email protected] Both export and import racing pigeons and have some excellent sources for American and foreign birds.

Import costs vary depending on each countries rules. I know that 36 birds sent from Virginia to the Phillipines cost $3000.00. So you can figure from that but again the two guys listed are more knowledgable than I am about the fees so contact them.

Steve Jenkins
The Dixiebuckeye

·
Registered
16 Posts
I forgot to mention

I doubt you will be able to purchase racing birds through these guys for $40.00 each. That is no where near the going rate for good racing stock. I sell young from my breeders for $150.00 each, some higher depending on the parents breeding record.

However, maybe they know someone that will sell you YB's for the price you want to pay, at least they can advise of the import costs. Good luck.

·
Registered
702 Posts
First of all im not a kid. Ive been flying pigeons for 34 years now and got more experience than most of the newbies here. Ive ended up last year with 2nd position in a union with 286 members. No one told me anything about prices,i will pay the shipping ect.
umm not ALL of us are NEWBIES you are talking to some of the most experice peaple in the world so if i were you i would watch what you say and they made a mistake a bout calling you a newbie and i am sure they did not mean any harm:mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts