Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,
I have 12 youngsters bought in October 2020, they now just over 4 months old. I have an open loft principal and since I homed them had an open loft.

My problem is I have trees in my garden and one BIG thorn tree, the youngsters when I open the loft in the morning fly and sit in the tree for most of the day, coming down into the garden, walks around a bit, take a bath and back to the thorn tree.

I want them to start loft flying, they are youngsters and energetic. Why when I open them they fly to the tree and sit there most of the day, why when opened do they not take to the sky and fly for an hour or more enjoying themselves. Do I have lazy birds, birds that have formed a bad habit?

I cannot understand why they do not take to the sky. In the afternoon they come quick and trap fast when it is feeding time.

Can you guys and girls please give me advise how to let them take to the sky, I do not wish to chase them to the sky, I want happy birds that want to come to the loft not been scared of been flagged, what else can I do, please help will greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you feed and how often?
Hi I am feeding an out of season and young bird mix of seeds, no corn though, high quality. I initially fed 15grams for each pigeon in the morning and evening. Reduced it now to 10 grams each mornings and afternoons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts