Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
That's all I do. At one time, I had 30 pigeons, now I'm down to 6.
I call them, My Backyard Birds! :D
I originally wanted to race, but soon found out that there arn't enough racers in my area.
I have racing homers, but I'm planing on getting some Tipplers some day, specifically for back yard flying.
It's funny that 15yrs ago, I lived in the city, and wanted to race, but I would have had to drive out in the country miles and miles to release them, to fly back. Now, I live in a small town, and have to drive 80 miles, one way to get to wallmart twice a month!, and I don't want to race!
Every day, I take care of them, they are my kids. They really enhance my back yard. I'm proud to keep pigeons. :cool:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Rod, I did the same thing, they Always beat me home!
Then I had my wife watch, and time them in. That worked a lot better :D
If I do It again, I'll wait untill I can get close to the AU's yearly winners times and then consider racing.
Otherwise, It's just the Backyard for me.
I have a older bloodline of Wisconsin Racers, Probly not Super Dooper anyway. The wind blows pretty strong though in North Dakota, and My birds can really go sometimes. :cool:
I'll even loft fly them in 50 MPH Winds sometimes, ZOOM-ZOOM-ZOOM !
So far, Not one problem. As long as they are eager to be let loose, in the high winds, I'll allow it, and I always watch carefully.
I only have 6 pigeons to worry about, so it's Not like I'm releasing 200.
Sometimes, the neighbor looks out his window, and wonders what I'm doing standing in my backyard, spinning around looking up at the sky on such rotten, sometimes cold (More often than not) and very windy days!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.