Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
THANKS to all

Yes I guess you are right there Shi in the fact that not many people would have a wallaby or even see one. It is interesting to note that many Aussie animals have names that were given to them by the indigenous people (the aboriginal people). My 4 step children are part indigenous. So the name PADEMELON is really very strange to hear for some - even for some who live right here in Tasmania. My dear friend who lives in Hobart, the capital city of Tasmania, escapes up here to our place for his 'sanity breaks' - and he had not seen a Pademelon up close and when he first did, he was standing on our deck and there were 2 below him only a few feet away and he burst into our house saying 'OH MY GOODNESS I SAW A WATERMELON' and he couldn't understand why I fell on the ground laughing. I said "Could you mean a PADEMELON" and then understanding his mistake, we laughed for a very long time :D :p

So some of our wildlife where we live, even surprises others from the same state here down under
love and light
Susan xxxx

·
Guardian Angel
6,859 Posts
Susan, I've decided after seeing Wally that I wanna Wallaby for my
birthday present :D ....

fp

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
lol

Yes they look cute but once in the early morning, I was awoken by my husband who had a sack in his hand. I instantly get EXCITED - more wildlife to save!!! And cos I was not really awake, I thought he said it was a WOMBAT. But he said WALLABY, so as Wombats are fat friendly creatures, I sat up in bed and just opened that sack right up. OH MY!!! This wallaby flew out the sack, dirt from its paws went everywhere and jumped all over me hissing and scratching and then hid under our bed. It took 5 minutes to get that wallaby by the tail (the only safe way to catch them and it does them no harm - their tails are very thick and strong) and to get it back in the sack was a real struggle. It turned out to be a young wallaby that had obviously just left the pouch and the farmer at the end of the road caught it as his Cattle dogs were trying to run it down and catch it. In the end it was able to be safely released in some forestry behind me.

I have helped catch other Wallabys and these ones, the PADEMELONS - are furry but CUTE AND CUDDLY THEY ARE NOT. Nope, you will get your arm or leg sliced open if you let your guard down for a while.

May I suggest a Koala or something else a little more friendly or cuddly for your want list. There ARE some different types of wallabies that can be cuddled but this aint one of them :eek:

·
Guardian Angel
6,859 Posts
OH! Missed your post.....sounds like I'd be safer w/a raccoon or badger :eek:

Maybe I'll stick w/pijies...:p

fp

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Hi Susan...

Anymore updates/pictures from "down under?"

Hope all is going well!!

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi & Squeaks

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
your wish is my command

Kookaburra coming up. I will start a new thread in this section if that is suitable

love and light
Susan in Tasmania Australia xxxx

·
Banned
94 Posts
we were bowhunting this fall and seen a pure white hawk flying with another hawk. It was the coolest thing ive every seen and even better i ended up shooting a big 8 pointer that night.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
we were bowhunting this fall and seen a pure white hawk flying with another hawk. It was the coolest thing ive every seen and even better i ended up shooting a big 8 pointer that night.
just to let you know the thread was started in 2007.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello... i would like to know how to make my homers fly faster? Its seems like it takes them about 30/45min. to get home after i release them from 10miles.

·
Administrator
9,478 Posts
Hello... i would like to know how to make my homers fly faster? Its seems like it takes them about 30/45min. to get home after i release them from 10miles.
Try posting in the right section for a start!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts