Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a new house and have relocated my birds to their new loft. I own a white dove release business. my birds ages range from 3yrs to 6 months. Most of them are older birds and they all have been flown. I have destryed their old loft so they won`t have a place to go to. I think I have a plan but I know that there are no guarrenties. Any advice would be more than welcome

Thank you so much

Ray

·
Registered
332 Posts
My suggestion would be do not release them.How far from the old house is the new house....IF more then sight distance I think you would lose most if not all your birds.If the young had not been out you maybe could break them.Your only hope would be keep them penned up long enough to pair up but that may not work either.As far as the old loft being gone they will still go there and sit aound in trees and such. Jeff

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Your old birds are now breeders. Good news is start breeding before spring.

Good Luck,
Tony

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I also agree, keep the old birds for breeders and start over with the young. It wouldn't matter if your hundreds of miles away from your old house. They know where to go and they are going to go back there. Glad you moved them and good luck.

Just curious, what is your plan? can you share and maybe others can tell you what could go wrong or right with your plan. min

1 - 5 of 5 Posts