Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guys could help me out here????

I mostly have crested tumblers in my loft, i have most the colors yellow,white,black etc...
except for recessive red :(
But recently I got this recessive red crested hen,(a high flyer) and I'm thinking of pairing her with a tumbling cock to maybe get tumbling chicks,

My question is-For the best chance to get recessive red tumbling crested chicks what color tumbling crested cock should I pair the her with? assume that I have crested tumbling male pigeons in all colors :rolleyes: unfortunately pigeon genetics is not my forte !!!

what would you guys do?

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Use a yellow cock bird. First generation you may get red but all young cock birds would be split to red. You would also have to rebuild your birds some as you breed in the red. Putting the crest back on ect. But you can do that

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
And mating the F1 cock bird from this mating (rec red hen x yellow cock) back to the rec. red female will give more chances for rec. red birds, right?

Use a yellow cock bird. First generation you may get red but all young cock birds would be split to red. You would also have to rebuild your birds some as you breed in the red. Putting the crest back on ect. But you can do that

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what are my chances to get recessive red tumblers on first generation?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts