Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you get new pigeons, what meds should you give them?
I'm thinking that they should be wormed. Is there anything else that should be done as a preventative?

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Hello. Does this mean you are adding them to other Pigeons you already have ? What kinda Pigeons ?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
When you get new pigeons, what meds should you give them?
I'm thinking that they should be wormed. Is there anything else that should be done as a preventative?
I would ask the preowner what has been done as you would not want to give meds that are not needed. deworming them is a good thing to do, if they have not been. follow the directions though as you will have to repeat the deworming in a week or 10 days most times. but they should be in quarantine anyway at this time for a few weeks at least. while in there keep a check on them and their droppings as time goes by.. you may see some not so good droppings from stress of the move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The new birds are Birmingham Rollers. They are in a separate pen from the racers. They all look like really nice, clean, healthy birds but do have some runny greenish yellow droppings. I'm guessing this is from the stress of a long day of travel and new surroundings.
The previous owner says they have not been on any medications or wormer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.