Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, just want to find out any information about red cell because I read and know some fellows who are using this (i.e. bieche loft). is it advisable to use this and what benefit should I get? I also noticed that there are several types/kinds of horse red cell, what should I use?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I think red cell contains iron and because our blood contains iron, the theory implies that it helps the pigeon. I don't know what is a good brand, but I will probably go to pigeon supply store and buy the one they have there like Foys and Globals.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Red Cell is a horse vitamin. I have used it on occasion. Some think that using vitamins not made for birds, you run the risk of overdosing them and doing more harm than good. I like using a good grit with minerals, quality feed and supplementing with vitamins on the food. I get lazy with the vitamins, but I do mix some in with the grit and hit the food on occasion.

Randy

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
yes it has good vitamins in it, I used it for my chickens at one time, but did not like dealing with it as it is sticky and does not mix well with the water, plus the b vitamins if in sunlight will lose their potency, so if it is in the water and the sun gets to it, it might not be worth the trouble. To make sure my birds get some vitamins and minerals they need I use a feed that has nutritional pellets mixed in with the grains/seeds/legumes. and have the oysershell and grit and mineral pick pots avail. There are powderd vitamins on the pigeon supply sites, alot of them!, enough to make your head spin...I tend to like to keep it simple, but thats just me.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Try using Rooster Booster, it is very similiar to red cell but it is formulated for chickens and other fowl. I use it and the birds are very healthy and the young grow very fast on it. You can get this at the local feed supply store.
Ken

·
Registered
328 Posts
You can get RedCell from a horse store or Fleet Farm, i think the product is great. Itll taint the waterer but put it on the Feed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts