Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
released with a club member together 25 miles out and few of my birds went to his loft. 7 out of the 25 of my birds released have been released from that area a dozen times and the rest was the first. the interested thing was that 7 went to my loft with about 10 of the others and the rest went to his loft and sat on his roof.. ended up bringing the 7 to his loft to help bring the rest home.. it worked with only 3 still on his roof..

·
Registered
414 Posts
The ones who went to your club members house are the ones who learned the most. I know I would be frustrated if my birds did that :mad:, in fact I would not doubt it has probably already happened and I just dont know about it :confused:. I think I would of left them to let them figure out where home is on there own.

If you can try to train as much as you can with others to get the kinks worked out before race sesason starts if you race, or if you have the time do some single, double or triple tosses so its the same the birds leading the flock home everytime. I think its good for a bird to have to figure things out on there own, and helps them get more confortable flying in smaller numbers or alone and prepares them for the time if they should happen to be the fastest bird on race day and break away for home.

·
Registered
628 Posts
We road train with other flyers every year and it will seperate the dumb one from the others. At least you have a chance to get them back and re-teach them.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Well when I trained young birds I would train my birds alone and when they were coming good then I would train with other club members.When they trained with other birds I wanted them to learn to brake from the group not fly to someone elses loft. Now you had 18 out of 25 that never been trained from that point, how many of his birds were first timers from that release point? Now we always had a training truck before the young bird races and we were able to get 4 or 5 tosses that were more like a race release. Now I know that you will get other opinions and they may work for them,just as my system worked for me. .GEORGE;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well when I trained young birds I would train my birds alone and when they were coming good then I would train with other club members.When they trained with other birds I wanted them to learn to brake from the group not fly to someone elses loft. Now you had 18 out of 25 that never been trained from that point, how many of his birds were first timers from that release point? Now we always had a training truck before the young bird races and we were able to get 4 or 5 tosses that were more like a race release. Now I know that you will get other opinions and they may work for them,just as my system worked for me. .GEORGE;)
7.....birds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts