Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Has anyone had success releasing prisoner show type homers. I do not own them but have considered adding a few to my flock of homers. I'm unsure of there will to home instinct. Also can anyone comment on the flying and homing ability differences between the American show type and the show type homers.
Hi REDLEGS, The SHOW RACING HOMER is still raced by those that show them but they realy have become to slow for the short races and to big and heavy for the long races.The reason that they are flown is there is a show class for them that requires that the bird has flown in a race.Now with the American Show Racer which I raise and show this bird is no longer raced and is strictly shown, they are a beautful bird, and those that raise and show them are one nice bunch of pigeon people.Where do you live ASR group is large and there just may be someone close to you......GEORGE;)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Hi REDLEGS, The SHOW RACING HOMER is still raced by those that show them but they realy have become to slow for the short races and to big and heavy for the long races.The reason that they are flown is there is a show class for them that requires that the bird has flown in a race.Now with the American Show Racer which I raise and show this bird is no longer raced and is strictly shown, they are a beautful bird, and those that raise and show them are one nice bunch of pigeon people.Where do you live ASR group is large and there just may be someone close to you......GEORGE;)
Can you let American show racers out to loft fly only? they are amazing looking birds.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts