Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still, it was nice to see. Did they beat you home???
Yea, they beat me home, but I didn't get home until about 5:00 PM. :p
I spent the day in NC with Mom and Grandma.
Actually, they flew about 1200 YPM. One came in really late, around 2:00 PM.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lovely to see and hear them taking off and flying.

I hope they beat the rain home. :p
I wondered if anyone would comment on the sky and the way the weather appeared. LOL
It didn't rain. There was a little cloud cover, but the sun peaked through every once in a while.
If those clouds had meant rain, I wouldn't have released them. But I checked the weather before I left and talked to Everett before releasing and there was no rain on the radar between me and home. ;)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
even though you know they can come home, it is still amazing.... don't you wish they could know how much in awe of them we are when they are released to circle and go home.....:)

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
even though you know they can come home, it is still amazing.... don't you wish they could know how much in awe of them we are when they are released to circle and go home.....:)
Yea, you're right. I don't guess any one who does this ever gets tired of seeing them come home or considers it to be mundane. Every time one comes home and pick up the bird and think that just a few hours ago, it was 100's of miles away in another state, it just sends chills down your spine and you just go "Wow".............

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Its so cool that your mom helped out:) Boy your birds were off like a shot,
really neat to see them circle back around and then head for home.:)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Took the birds 53 miles this morning. Mom released them so I could shoot a video. It's nothing spectacular..................:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu71-lLncys
I agree with David, I really thought it WAS spectacular!!! Very cool and flashy. :D They took off so fast and strongly. I guess I'm just so used to watching my couch potatoes, it was certainly a thrill to watch yours take off and soar. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
The Albuquerque club is racing my direction this year, so I will be able to attend three or four of the releases. I am excited to see the first. They are expecting between 500 and 600 birds. I am at the 150 mile station. They are doing a 100, 125, 150 and 200, that are all within an hour of me. Thanks for sharing your video. The birds look fast.

Randy

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Albuquerque club is racing my direction this year, so I will be able to attend three or four of the releases. I am excited to see the first. They are expecting between 500 and 600 birds. I am at the 150 mile station. They are doing a 100, 125, 150 and 200, that are all within an hour of me. Thanks for sharing your video. The birds look fast.

Randy
I've always wanted to see a release too, but have never been able to make it to one. I'm sure it's awesome to see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts