Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a couple of rollers like 12 in a kitbox. i wanted to know of any way of making them stay in my yard and not go back to my sisters house. i use to have them at my sisters which is 3 houses down from mine but there is too much trees there. and my house doesnt have any. how do i get them to stay at my house tips tricks

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
You can resettle them like any other birds. If they go back to your sister's house, pick them up and put them back in their new loft. Sooner or later they will get it if you feed them there. Put those rollers on top of your loft in a resettling cage for couple of hours for couple of days to familiarize themselves with their new environment. Resettling rollers is easier than for homers, but at the same time it is easy for them to get lost. They can be resettled in 2 weeks time. I did mine in 1 week. One bird in 3 days, but that probably was luck. Good luck!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hey,
you know what?
Let them go there, just don't let any feed get to them over there, that way they know there is no food there and they will stay at your place.

and let your birds out super hungry.
that way when you call them in at your place they will come in and not fly to your sisters house.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds good. cause i hate having to go over there and get them. but the problem is i got my breeding loft at my sisters house cuz thats where i use to have them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts