Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some advice on how to relocate or find a new home for about 14 pigeons in Los Angeles, California?

These birds are kept in a back yard coop of a woman who is ill and no longer able to care for them.

So far, I have only received conflicting information.

Thanks.

Joe Myers

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Joe. Did you call TAWhatley? A lot of folks are willing to adopt. It might help if you could share some more details about them. If you are unsure of their breed or ages that's okay... pictures of them will do wonders! The more information we have, the easier it will be to spread the word and help relocate them.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Joe...if these birds are allowed to fly free, they can only be rehomed as bird that are kept prisioner...at least for a long time.
The best would be for you to figure out Pigeon couples because Pigeons mate for life and that way we can help you place them as such. Perhaps the woman that has kept them can be of help identifing couples. Also, is she willing to have the Pigeons placed in new homes?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Depending on what breed they are and how old, they may only need to be kept in the new home for a month or so. I agree that picking out the pairs to adopt out would be good. They'd be much happier not separated :) What breed of pigeons are they?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts