Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spotted today was Shi's birthday.

I know we don't have just one day a year when we think about her but I just wanted to acknowledge her birthday as I still miss her being here.

God bless.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
yes... A very special pigeon friend she was.

Happy Birthday Shi.." love hugs and scritches"..............................................................

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Still missing Shi a lot. It has not been the same around here since we lost her.Shi is still an inspiration in our mind and hearts.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How fast has that gone. Still seems like yesterday.

Very much missed and will always be so.

Bless you Shi. xx

·
Registered
762 Posts
she sounds like she was great. wish I got to know her :( in fact, I didn't even know her and yet somehow, I miss her.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Got a pair of parrotlets, a male, now named Mr Squeaks, and a little hen, named Shi. They were mighty good at biting the first few days, but are now becoming little cuddlebugs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Its been a few years since I stopped by PT, but I still get birthday emails in April so I assumed that I was still a member. I still have last year's email and happened to notice it while checking my email this morning, so I thought I'd stop by and see what was new, but I couldn't log on. Since it's been quite awhile (2012) since I last visited, I had to reset my password in order to log in...

While I was waiting for a new password to come in, I stared out my living room window. Lo & behold a lone pigeon landed on my neighbor's roof, which isn't really that unusual, as there's usually about 20-30 of them at one time that will land on the top of the roof sometime during the day, but this time there was just the one. (There's a huge flock in my neighborhood & I had a pair that nested on my roof last year.) I watched him/her until he flew away about a minute later.

I strongly believe that it was Mom/Shi saying 'hi', especially since I was trying to log onto PT at that moment...although I always figured that 'she' would show up as a Blue-Bar like Mr. Squeaks. Maybe she was rushed and came in her 'pajama plumage' of just gray with a few faded speckles?!! :)

It's nice to see that Mom is still highly regarded on PT! I miss her everyday...

B. Sommm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts