Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a pair of birds with a 1 month old youngster in a small loft/aviary......If and when mum drops her next eggs do i need to remove the current youngster or will they raise more while he is still around ?
Also is there any issue with keeping the offspring of the pair in the same loft/aviary as the parents.............................and also,sorry :D.....will offspring eventually pair up with each other,or is that a no no with pigeons.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
in my case the hen will pick another nest to lay her next round of eggs .at that time the cock bird is the only one who feeds the young and teaches them to eat and drink on there own..while the hen sits on the new eggs . it's ok to leave the young in the same loft depending on the size .. and yes the young will mate up with each other if there are no other birds to mate with .

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I currently have a pair of birds with a 1 month old youngster in a small loft/aviary......If and when mum drops her next eggs do i need to remove the current youngster or will they raise more while he is still around ?
Also is there any issue with keeping the offspring of the pair in the same loft/aviary as the parents.............................and also,sorry :D.....will offspring eventually pair up with each other,or is that a no no with pigeons.
Thanks.
a month old young one should be standing and moving around and almost weaned so it would be out of the box when the next eggs hatch.

·
Registered
296 Posts
when the pair will lay their next eggs in the first few 10-15 days you can keep the babies with the parents.During this time they will start eating and move here and there also the male will feed the children.If the parents start attacking them it means they want them out of the house at that you will have to separate them.In the beginning the children will want to go back to their parents but then they will be fine.It is absolutely fine to keep the children in the same loft.After they grow a little the parents won't even recognize them.Often in my pigeons i have seen that at least one of the parent mostly mother is very sad when the children leave home :(
-Rubeena

1 - 4 of 4 Posts