Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help regardin wat mst hv hapnd to my fantail egg.....the pair is mept seprate in a met loft wich is closed firmly ....the pair laid uts frst egg ydae by4:00 n todae mrnin while checkin i noticed that the egg is missing.... No shels nuthn inside the cage....dey are not allowed in the open so no chnce of egss being stuck to dem n dropd off.....no chnce of ne predators.....wat do i do.....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Make sure first it didn't roll under something. Hurry before it gets cold. If not it could have been a snake. They will swallow whole eggs and then leave witHout any sign or their presence. Look for holes in the loft or places where the snake could get in and block them

·
Banned
569 Posts
I need help regardin wat mst hv hapnd to my fantail egg.....the pair is mept seprate in a met loft wich is closed firmly ....the pair laid uts frst egg ydae by4:00 n todae mrnin while checkin i noticed that the egg is missing.... No shels nuthn inside the cage....dey are not allowed in the open so no chnce of egss being stuck to dem n dropd off.....no chnce of ne predators.....wat do i do.....
Mice and rats and snakes eat eggs, if they can get in. It does not take a big opening for them. If it is gone then it was a predator. Or a human stole it.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Snakes and rodents can get in a very small opening. Can you post pictures of your loft?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.