Pigeon-Talk banner
1101 - 1120 of 1132 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
All fancy in those duds, looks nice. Were you at a wedding and the background hills and garden are nice too.
Thank you:cool:yea we were at her best friends wedding at a golf course in Napa, Ca

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Wow! A lot has been going on with you. Congrats on the baby!

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
We went camping for a week up on Gauley river, that was the best time of my life. Brook trout and mushrooms the guy I went with knew what greens are edible, I didn't want to come back.
Dave

·
Registered
463 Posts
We went camping for a week up on Gauley river, that was the best time of my life. Brook trout and mushrooms the guy I went with knew what greens are edible, I didn't want to come back.
Dave
It is beautiful country over there. I do a lot of fly fishing north of there. We pick mountain ramps (sort of wild onion only better) and cook them in the belly's of trout with mushrooms and such over a fire. Makes me hungry thinkin about it!! Hee!! At least it's better than possum!! lol. You probably have better trout fishing in Nebraska though. Jim

·
Registered
463 Posts
North to Alaska,
Go north the rush is on

(For those old enough to remember Johnny Horton!)
Too funny, Yes my Dad use to play his songs at the hunting camp every morning when I was young to wake everyone up. Play is mild, you could say wore it out!! That and Marty Robbins "The Strawberry Roan"!! That is back when you could understand what they were singing!

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
It is beautiful country over there. I do a lot of fly fishing north of there. We pick mountain ramps (sort of wild onion only better) and cook them in the belly's of trout with mushrooms and such over a fire. Makes me hungry thinkin about it!! Hee!! At least it's better than possum!! lol. You probably have better trout fishing in Nebraska though. Jim
The only trout we have in this part of Ne is when they stock a lake, and then they are all 10in or less.

Don't they have a trout contest coming up next month on Williams river?
Dave

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hard to tell about a contest. I'd bring an extra pair of long underwear though!!! Cold here now, doubt you could keep your line from freezing!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This webcam photo is of me with my little flock, taken a few years back:

The pygmy pouter pigeon is Silvery. She is still with me and turned 18 last fall. The beige ringneck dove is Alexander, who is still going strong after 20 years we have now spent together.

The dear little white dove on my shoulder was called Sam, who sadly passed away one year ago next week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everybody! I'm new, but not so new! I used to visit this forum a lot when I was younger. My account was Maine123. I left for a couple years to do some service in the Philippines for a non-profit organization. I'm going to college now in Utah and working on selling of the pigeons I have left (my family has been taking care of them) and I hope later on when I'm older and have a place of my own I can get back into it, until then I hope to stay interested in the hobby and go to a few shows now and then. So here is a face to the name..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hi ScottO sorry to hear that, and nice to meet you face to not face lol. Ya stay interested in them, they are awesome, once u have a tame one, u will never not have them. As I type I have one on my bed pecking my fingers for attention and one laying on my lamp beside my head after a short visit on the bed. They are very devoted, oh now shes pecking my fricken ipad!!!!! lol.. stopped now, anyway, nice to see you, good luck in your Utah endeavours and whats ur major?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Yes, I remember you. Nice to see you. Hope you will be able to get some more birds someday. For now, enjoy college.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Uh oh

View attachment 31544 If this works, it is me playing mountain man.
That pic makes me nervous mr. mountain man, is that a rifle with scope behind you? Camo clothing, were you out killing things????

A pigeon lover hunting boo hoo, if Im wrong I will delete this happily lol, but if right a big sad face for you ::::::(((((((( and for the critters that may be hunted.

1101 - 1120 of 1132 Posts