Pigeon-Talk banner
1121 - 1132 of 1132 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
That pic makes me nervous mr. mountain man, is that a rifle with scope behind you? Camo clothing, were you out killing things????

A pigeon lover hunting boo hoo, if Im wrong I will delete this happily lol, but if right a big sad face for you ::::::(((((((( and for the critters that may be hunted.
OOPS!! Hee!! Hee!! Uh, yes, Uh, it is a gun for protection, yeah thats it!! Sometimes when riding thru the woods deer jump out and attack me!! Really!! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!! ;):p:D

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
That pic makes me nervous mr. mountain man, is that a rifle with scope behind you? Camo clothing, were you out killing things????

A pigeon lover hunting boo hoo, if Im wrong I will delete this happily lol, but if right a big sad face for you ::::::(((((((( and for the critters that may be hunted.
CBL - You certainly have the right to express your opinion, but I think you would be very surprised at how many pigeon lovers are hunters as well. Along with being involved in other hobbies and careers that might not sit well with you. :)

pigeonjim - thanks for keeping a sense of humor. You do look every bit the mountain man. And you're right, those critters can be very aggressive.:eek:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
OOPS!! Hee!! Hee!! Uh, yes, Uh, it is a gun for protection, yeah thats it!! Sometimes when riding thru the woods deer jump out and attack me!! Really!! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!! ;):p:D
BAHAHAHAHAHH yes that is QUITE funny. Great sense of humour and I have LOTS of friends and family who hunt, just sayin....I know you were trying to hide it with crops lol.

Still I am an animal lover first.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
CBL - You certainly have the right to express your opinion, but I think you would be very surprised at how many pigeon lovers are hunters as well. Along with being involved in other hobbies and careers that might not sit well with you. :)

pigeonjim - thanks for keeping a sense of humor. You do look every bit the mountain man. And you're right, those critters can be very aggressive.:eek:
Yo, I all good with what people do. I eat meat, but am still an animal lover. If I had to kill my own, I would be vegetarian for sure.

Doesnt mean I have to like hunting tho does it? If hunters are hunting for the 8 point racks and not utilizing the meat, then I say that sucks. If they harvest what they hunt, well thats at least not killing in total vane. I still have the right as you said to my opinion and happy to state it. There is tons that humans do that make me cringe, just had an 'eye' in that photo and busted him :) Just saying may not be the most appropriate place on an animal loving site, just sayin....

Anyway I like Jims response MUCH better. Very funny.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mugshot!

Hopefully the gorgeous hawk will distract you all from the chubby thing attached to it. :p This is me and Jezebel, my mentor's Harris hawk. This picture was taken on our first hunting trip back on the weekend after Christmas.

I don't blame anyone for having mixed feelings about hunting. I did too, to be honest. But the rabbits and quail that we go after gets fed to the hawks (sometimes I eat the rabbit too, nothing like sharing a meal with the raptor that provided it. It's an honor, really). Anything that is killed, gets killed quickly so that there is no suffering for the animal.

I hunt for sport (because of the physical activity involved) but I also use everything. My mentor's son is a trapper so all of the hides go to him. The bones end up getting ground and given to the vultures at the sanctuary I volunteer for (so do the guts). Basically, nothing gets wasted.

Anyway, that's what I look like all bundled up in about 5 layers of clothing and an extra layer of winter blubber.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Poor deer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I notice that most folks print a picture of them with there Bird or Birds. Well I don't have any birds (YET) so I will do the picture thing with one of my loves, an old Hot Rod. Maybe in a month or so I can do the bird thing...

Attachments

1121 - 1132 of 1132 Posts