Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am from NYC so I found this little pigeon on my balcony he didn't seem to fly for a week and seemed to struggle so I brought him inside my apartment and is doing okay he doesn't seem injured or anything he did get attached to me a lot but I am a little worried and wondering if the little pigeon might make me sick since I just brought him inside like Im wondering if theirs some sort of medicine I should give him from the little pigeon ever getting sick or just some time of droplet what would you guys recommend me to do so the pigeon can stay healthy and also me should I take him to the vet or a wild life rehabilitation so they would recommend me something?

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Could you pls post a photo? He cannot make you sick. Is he eating, pooping, drinking water? Thank you for helping him!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Yes, plse post a photo and also one of his droppings. You won't get any diseases from him. Why do you think he is sick? Can you be more specific about the symptoms?

A lot of centres euthanize pigeons. If you know a good avian vet, then you can take him for a checkup. But tell them that it's your pet pigeon (well he is by now), as some vets don't care for pigeons.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi I am from NYC so I found this little pigeon on my balcony he didn't seem to fly for a week and seemed to struggle so I brought him inside my apartment and is doing okay he doesn't seem injured or anything he did get attached to me a lot but I am a little worried and wondering if the little pigeon might make me sick since I just brought him inside like Im wondering if theirs some sort of medicine I should give him from the little pigeon ever getting sick or just some time of droplet what would you guys recommend me to do so the pigeon can stay healthy and also me should I take him to the vet or a wild life rehabilitation so they would recommend me something?
Yes please do your research. TAKE BIRD TO WILD BIRD FUND ON COLUMBUS AND 87TH. DONT PLAY GUESSING GAMES AND READ UP ON PIGEONS ON YOUR PHONE. DONT MAKE BIRD SUFFER AND PLS TAKE TO WBF FOR APPROPRIATE TREATMENT. HURRY PLS. IF YOU WERE GRABBED UP AND LEFT TO SUFFER YOU WOULDNT LIKE IT, RIGHT?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can take the bird if you cant get there. Contact me ASAP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can take the bird as I transport to WBF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts