Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rescued this little cutie who was completely paralyzed and scuttling across the parking lot without the use of its legs. I’ve been giving him rehab for the last three weeks and now it’s walking and flying on it’s own although seems to be off balance at times. I know it’s not releasable and needs a home and someone to care for it, and so am building him/her a 5’x10’ outdoor aviary.
I’d like to find him/her a family to join him/her in the aviary but I can’t tell if it’s male or female.
I’m new at this. Could anyone help with what kind of pidgeon it is and how to tell if it’s male or female. I’m also looking to adopt 1-3 more if you can recommend where to find a place in SCAL near San Dimas.
I tried to upload a video but unable to do so.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are on FB, plse join the Palomacy rescue group for pigeons and doves. Lots of members in the USA that can give advice.

Impossible to tell the sex. If you are unsure, get another female. Two females will bond, 2 males won't.
Thank you! Through Palomacys website I was able to join an avian rescue association on FB near me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts