Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've rescued a rock pigeon from a racoon, i've gotten it to drink a little and in a warm box. He doesn't mind being held. I've got him calmed down enough to get close. Any tips? He is bleeding just a little. He is around 5 oz in weight but fully feathered.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Call the Bi-State Wildlife Hotline or Missouri Wildlife Hotline. Hopefully they’ll know someone who can take him. Not minding being held can be a bad sign. He needs antibiotics ASAP, and any puncture wounds need to be treated properly.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
There are several rescue organizations on the internet. I hope someone can point you to a rescue near you. Please just make sure they rescue and dont just euthanize pigeons. We adopted our first pigeon, Phoebe, because our local "rescue" just euthanizes pigeons and other birds. She had a broken wing and was nearly decapitated but we got her fixed up and she was our wonderful love for eight years. Thank you for rescuing the little guy. Depending on his wound he may need antibiotics. Can you pls post a photo?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts