Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to ask how long should i rest the breeders after feeding their 1st batch of youngsters? Because I'm worried about their condition after they fed their first batch of babies for about 25-30 days.. And i want to know the supplements for them to be ready for the next batch of youngsters.. thanks.. hope you can help me with this to improve my breeding program..!!!

· Premium Member
25,629 Posts
Welcome to Pigeon Talk!!

Usually the parents will start another round when babies are 14 days old, but if they are not in optimal health, I suggest you give them a break from breeding for a few months.

I would start by adding garlic clove to the water a couple of times a week, and also organic apple cider vinegar twice a week on different days, 2 tablespoon per gallon, if you have not been doing that for starters.

Make sure they have access to a good pigeon grit and pigeon seed.

Here is the rest:

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/showpost.php?p=38271&postcount=2

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice.. What I am doing is.. I use garlic with their drinking water during weekends only (sat & sun).. grits are always present and i remove it a day before hatching, because i heard that I have to remove it while feeding their young?.. Is it true? I believe that my breeders is in great condition before i breed them, so i just wanted to know, when can i start another batch of youngsters after the first batch? Can i start immediately after their young is separated from them? thank you so much..:)

· Registered
20,303 Posts
Thanks for the info.. I do have a healthy breeders.. So, if i have them healthy before breeding, when can i start the next batch after the first? thanks :)
they say to do no more than three, If my breeding birds have two in the nest, I will only breed twice, and then after that try to foster the eggs if time is right. I will give them a few months break and then perhaps let them hatch one egg before the end of the year. these are non racing birds Im talking about so racing has a time period for breeding so that may be different for you. up the protein in the seed for your breeders and medicate for canker before breeding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.