Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to redesign my loft to make it a breeders pen, to do that blocks off my trap door. I only have 12 birds trained to this loft is it possible to retrain them to come in a different door on this same loft?

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
Yup. About 90% of fanciers train birds after young birds to trap into their old bird lofts which are sometimes part of the same building or a totally separate building. Heck, I've seen pigeons learn to fly back to a loft 25 miles away after its flown 2 old bird seasons. They're pretty sharp. ;)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
It should be easy for them. It is the resettling to a different loft that is the more challenging. Retrapping is probably easier. One of my birds do, however, don't want to enter any other entrance except the one I taught him with. It is weird. Just take your chance.

G

·
I think as long as you let them have access to the new trap door via a fly pen or enclosed cage around the opening for a good long while they should be able to familiarize themselves easier to the new opening.. I have done it a few times with great success and without any problems ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.