Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have my >> indoor birds on a rotation of Morning Bird calcium plus (D3) liquid formula twice a week, mulitvites once a week, and ACV and a probiotic powder the balance of days. I'm about to run out of the calcium and one of my birds will not drink the water with the vitamins (in all fairness it smells a bit like fish or seaweed).

The Morning bird works great but I am always up for suggestions. I need a new vitamin brand though. Anything I can get in the U.S. or online that people particularly like? I prefer liquid supplements.
thanks!

(pic is a couple of >> outdoor babies that I watched grow up in the planter box)
Vertebrate Sloth Two-toed sloth Three-toed sloth Mammal

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hi,

beautiful pic 😍!

As vitamin supplement I use Omni-vit Oropharma, it contains a wide range of vitamins (even D3, of course), amino acids and trace elements. Well, the smell is not great but my birds drink it without problems.
Some pigeons don't want to drink it because it looks yellow (as most of the vitamin supplements), you can fix the problem by putting it in a dark bowl or into a yellow/green one 😉.
I'm used to mix to it Oropharma Calci-Lux.
They are not in liquid form.

Have you ever tried pigeon picking blocks? They are good sources of calcium, my birds love them. Depending on what type you buy they could contain different ingredients like insoluble grit (the small stones), minerals, anise, clay, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts