Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some rhubarbs that grow around my avairy and my birds go crazy for them. They have been eating them for two years now with no signs of ill effect. Does anyone feed rhubarbs to their birds? Are rhubarbs beneficial as to nutritient values?

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
I have some rhubarbs that grow around my avairy and my birds go crazy for them. They have been eating them for two years now with no signs of ill effect. Does anyone feed rhubarbs to their birds? Are rhubarbs beneficial as to nutritient values?
Are they eating it raw ? Or, are you making it into pie and then serving them slices ? :p

I am sure that anything which is grown in a garden has some nutritient value, even if only trace elements, but I am sure the amounts are quite small. Looking at my bag of ready made greens I buy from the grocery store to eat with my supper, there is not a lot of anything in the stuff, but they taste good.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are they eating it raw ? Or, are you making it into pie and then serving them slices ? :p I am sure that anything which is grown in a garden has some nutritient value, even if only trace elements, but I am sure the amounts are quite small. Looking at my bag of ready made greens I buy from the grocery store to eat with my supper, there is not a lot of anything in the stuff, but they taste good.
Warren,
If it was pie, I think it would of been gone before the birds have a say in it. LOL. I always thought the leaves was healthy too, until wings brought up the info about the rhubarb leaves. Now I will reconsider. It's a good thing my birds did not consume 11 lbs of rhubarb leaves. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts