Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all ring neck dove breeders,

I wonder if someone can help me with a website or some picture examples on how to build a “cage” (aviary) for ring neck doves as well as breeding nests or breeding compartments.(to keep them separate for specific breeding)

1. I would like to know, how much sunlight is required during the day?
2. How much flight space is needed?
3. How many times is allowed for one pair to breed per year?

Thank you for the help.

Best wishes
Nico

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Pigeons at least need 20-30 minutes in sunshine daily to synthesize vitamin D3 so I think it would be almost similar for doves.
For breeding, I have read that they can raise 3 clutches a year with no problems.
Hope someone with experience in keeping doves chimes in.

·
Banned
569 Posts
Good day all ring neck dove breeders,

I wonder if someone can help me with a website or some picture examples on how to build a “cage” (aviary) for ring neck doves as well as breeding nests or breeding compartments.(to keep them separate for specific breeding)

1. I would like to know, how much sunlight is required during the day?
2. How much flight space is needed?
3. How many times is allowed for one pair to breed per year?

Thank you for the help.

Best wishes
Nico
Google ring neck dove, and you will get a few good sites that will fill all your needs and questions, and give ideas for breeding areas and reusable things that you can recycle to use for nests and feeders.

As far as sunlight, the more you can give the better and even better if they can have access when they choose. But that would be an loft situation in which in winter if it gets below freezing you will want to provide supplemental warmth if you live in a colder climate. Flight space is as much as you can provide, there is not limit. Their minimum is tHey need to be able to at least open their wings where it wont touch the side of a cage wire or attachments in it. Two flaps across a cage with out hitting anything is sufficient for doves.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good day,
Thank you for the replies and advice.
I appreciate your comments greatly.

I have a better understanding now of what I must do.
Have a nice day

Nico :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts