Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a white pigeon that has been hanging at my house for a day. It came in the garage while I was working and ate wild bird food. It actually came to me on my hand. The bird has a tag that says "Robert 945". I hate to see anything happen to the bird. Does anybody have an idea as to what I should do with the bird?

Thanks

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thank you for taking an interest in this bird.

Obvisouly, since this bird came right into your hand it is tame and has no fear of humans. It is propably someones pet that excaped.

This brid has no idea how to fend for itself.....it is used to being fed by humands and will not stand much of chance out on it's own. Especially that it has no fear of humans.

If possible can you catch the bird and cage him in a safe place, until we can try and help you find it's owner.? That is this bird's best chance for survival. It will not last long out on it's own.

There should be other members along shortly that will further advise you.

Thanks for caring.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Please contain the bird in a pet kennel or cage. It likely is very hungry so offer food and water. Wild bird seed would be great if you can get some. The food dishes should be more deep than shallow.
Can you tell us what city you are located in?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.