Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, i've a question, i bought pigeons in a pigeon show they were sold to me as rollers and i also have a few high flyers and when i let both breeds fly around the loft only the high flyers tumble and the rollers don't at all anybody know why?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Maybe you got the two breeds mixed up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't think i have them mixed up, i bought the 2 breeds at different places and i know how the two breeds are supposed to look like, i don't know why they are not rolling?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
The Rollers don't have enough height in the loft to roll.

·
Registered
24 Posts
rollers

give them time maybe they still to young , i have 220 tipplers and when i let out my rollers from my other loft with my tipplers they wont tumble as much but when i let out only my tumblers they put out a show ! ive notice on my tumblers when i let them out with my tippler is like my tipplers fly at a little faster speed and thats why my rollers wont tumble as much but when i let out my rollers they fly nice and tumble much more ! thats what i seen on my birds ;)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
pigeon2010, are you suggesting killing them because they don't roll. Are you kidding me??? Why would you even suggest that?? You new to the boards and you suggest that. If your not familiar with the rules of this forum, then I suggest you read them. I went to see what you wrote in your other 4 posts and 3 of them suggested pulling off there heads. THere is something wrong here!!! mindy

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi everybody, i've a question, i bought pigeons in a pigeon show they were sold to me as rollers and i also have a few high flyers and when i let both breeds fly around the loft only the high flyers tumble and the rollers don't at all anybody know why?
What are you feeding them and how much? I know with mine I have to be right on the money with my feeding...just a little too much feed and they don't roll. But if I behave myself and measure out my feed they roll great.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Lazy rollers will not roll. Fly them twice a day, every day, and don't over feed them. Young birds will also take a while to get in the habit as well. Also, although two rollers may look the same, that doesn't mean they've been bred for good rolling ability. It's much like homers in that you can't always go by looks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What are you feeding them and how much? I know with mine I have to be right on the money with my feeding...just a little too much feed and they don't roll. But if I behave myself and measure out my feed they roll great.
i feed them about 1oz per bird once a day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
give them time maybe they still to young , i have 220 tipplers and when i let out my rollers from my other loft with my tipplers they wont tumble as much but when i let out only my tumblers they put out a show ! ive notice on my tumblers when i let them out with my tippler is like my tipplers fly at a little faster speed and thats why my rollers wont tumble as much but when i let out my rollers they fly nice and tumble much more ! thats what i seen on my birds ;)
Thanks for your help i'll keep that in mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts