Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My birds had a rough day yesterday, I let em go at the 2 mile mark(thier first time from this location and distance), they left headed for home in thier familiar zig zag pattern, less than 15 minutes later I saw 4 of the 8 go overhead(they have never been broken up before)and continue flying, shortly after 1 loner cruised over and kept flying, by the 1 hour mark 5 birds had trapped(normal), just before nightfall and a full 4 hours after the others, I got one of my 2 missing in...I gave it a good checkover to find feathers missing on its chest, its skin split wide open...it had stop'd bleeding and the bird had flown home so I just seperated him and got it some food and water..its breathing normal and still vocal, alert. How should I treat this open wound.
As of this morning still down 1 bird, he was typically the leader and I worry he hit some powerlines, judging by the location of injuries on the bird who made it.

JW

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a similar issue years back when i was younger & my mom stiched the crop together otherwise youre going to have to take it to a Vet.
good luck

·
Registered
810 Posts
Superglue works wonders, seriously.

·
Registered
20 Posts
history sake

In the 1960's eastman kodak put out a fast setting adhesive for medical use . it was called eastman 910 cyanoacrylic cement ( todays Wonder Glue) In its day it cost $100.00 per ounce and we used it in the aerospace industry to glue down acelorometers

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I am moving your thread to the correct forum.

Sorry to hear about this injury.

I would take the bird to a qualified avian vet or avian rehabber in your area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts