Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the first few of the second round. I've actually got about 10 babies, but the parents aren't cooperating at all. Two of the babies were mooning me when I lifted Dad up. :) Guess it's not a good picture day.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
What cute little bottoms....can't wait to see the rest, when they get in the mood and are cooperative!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a video I shot while I was looking at babies. The bird on the nest is the Dad. He's my calmest bird by far. He's a 2003 so he's been around a few years and just sort of goes with the flow. I think he grunted at me one time. He's such a sweetie.
Not much on building nests though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrZ8xtzLJc

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW......glad it's nice weather today. I've been out in the loft a dozen times at least. Just went out and found a baby out of the nest bowl. It was behind the feed dish and the only reason I saw it was because I was filling up the feed dishes for the last time. The baby was not COLD, but was chilly. It's 71 here today. I think it was a fight and that's how it happened. This was the first time this has ever happened to me. I slipped him back under Dad. He should warm up in a few minutes. Man............:eek:

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is a video I shot while I was looking at babies. The bird on the nest is the Dad. He's my calmest bird by far. He's a 2003 so he's been around a few years and just sort of goes with the flow. I think he grunted at me one time. He's such a sweetie.
Not much on building nests though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrZ8xtzLJc
Nice photo and video renee, I see them showing their butts, daddy seems very protective.
had my first egg hatch today was so happy. when i went back to the loft a hour later the wee thing was dead, sorry to end on a sad note but i take it is one of those things th other egg should soon so i will keep an egg.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice photo and video renee, I see them showing their butts, daddy seems very protective.
had my first egg hatch today was so happy. when i went back to the loft a hour later the wee thing was dead, sorry to end on a sad note but i take it is one of those things th other egg should soon so i will keep an egg.
Sorry to hear about the baby. What happened? Do you know? I just went out and checked on my baby that got thrown out of the nest. He's fed, warm and happy now.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Nice pictures Renee :)
The parent in the first pic is really pretty. I'm sure the babies will look just as great!

It feels really good out here too. I can't wait until I get home so I can go out and see my birds. Hopefully I'll be able to take some pics as well. I really need some recent pics of the two babies from Miss 5042 (I think? I'm not too good with band numbers off the top of my head). Thanks to you, one of them is the first actual blue bar baby I've raised! And even better news is, they'll be out of the nest next week! ;)

Edit: Sorry to hear about your egg Jojo. Hopefully the other one will turn out okay!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sorry to hear about the baby. What happened? Do you know? I just went out and checked on my baby that got thrown out of the nest. He's fed, warm and happy now.
No renee don't knw what happened, i seen the the yung one when it was half out of the egg I was tempted to help but though better to leave along, when i came back a hour later the wee thing was laying in the nest. the daddy was'nt sitting on him, maybe it died of cold.
Glad to heard all is good with your birds.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Here's the first few of the second round. I've actually got about 10 babies, but the parents aren't cooperating at all.
Two of the babies were mooning me when I lifted Dad up. :) Guess it's not a good picture day.
That's exactly what I got when I lifted up Malio. :p

Little bottoms are cute. Faces are adorable. :p

Thanks for sharing your babies with us.
Looking forward to more photos. :)

Cindy

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice pictures Renee :)
The parent in the first pic is really pretty. I'm sure the babies will look just as great!

It feels really good out here too. I can't wait until I get home so I can go out and see my birds. Hopefully I'll be able to take some pics as well. I really need some recent pics of the two babies from Miss 5042 (I think? I'm not too good with band numbers off the top of my head). Thanks to you, one of them is the first actual blue bar baby I've raised! And even better news is, they'll be out of the nest next week! ;)

Edit: Sorry to hear about your egg Jojo. Hopefully the other one will turn out okay!
Well, you've got a "5042" and she's a BB, so..............;) I hope she raises a good baby or two for you.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I thought that first picture was cute, but the second one! So adorable. I could never get tired of seeing pictures of babies. :D :)

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
These are the babies in the first picture under the Red Splash mom. They got their bands this morning. Looks like one of these is going to be a little girl. The other I'm not quite sure. May have some black splashes, but I'm thinking it might have quite a bit of white. Could be wrong. Have to wait a few more days.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
These little guys are between my first round, which trapped this morning for the first time and the second round which is only 6 days old or younger. They are 21 days old. That's Dad standing to the right. He was fussing at me cause I had to door open. He's a talker. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Daggone, I don't know how I have missed this thread until now!

As always, Renee, your babies are outstanding. Papa was so sweet and calm and the mama wanted to take your arm off. The red splash mom is gorgeous. In the latter pictures of the two babies side by side, the one on the left sure has a lot of fuzz. I love to see them when they're fuzzy like that, looking like they didn't have a care in the world.

:p Love your baby-talk! Can't help it, can we?

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
LOVE that "spotted beak" baby, Renee!! Gonna call him "Spot(s) ?" :D ;) :D

Great pics...I know you are having a great time!

Hugs and scritches to ALL

Shi

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOVE that "spotted beak" baby, Renee!! Gonna call him "Spot(s) ?" :D ;)

Great pics...I know you are having a great time!

Hugs and scritches to ALL

Shi
Well, that's the one that I believe will be a hen and her beak won't stay like that. She probably won't get a name. I only name certain ones once in while. Who could possibly come up with names for all these birds AND remember them all? :D Not me.........I do good to remember human names. :eek:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Renee,
I see two bowls in the pictures. One appears to have grit in it and the other seed. Do you keep this on the floor just for the young ones? (Beautiful looking young uns.)

George

1 - 20 of 63 Posts