Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Renee,
I see two bowls in the pictures. One appears to have grit in it and the other seed. Do you keep this on the floor just for the young ones? (Beautiful looking young uns.)

George
Thank you!

Actually, there's a third that's not in the picture. One has grit, one has pikpot and the other seeds of course. As long as the babies are up on the shelf in their nest bowl, the bowl of seeds and the water stays up there. Once I put them in the floor I move everything to the floor.
These babies are in one of my individual breeding pens, so it makes everything much easier except cleaning of course. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Oh lordy, I am SO jealous!:p

Your babies are beautiful.

I just got my bands yesterday. Have been waiting as I didn't want to pair em up and not have bands. Now I can get going. I only raise a few each year and have to use pumpers, so coordinating everyone is a real dance.

Margaret

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Love the video of you petting the Dad - he has such a peaceful expression. Mom was more of a dragon, protecting her babies. :D

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
All of my widowhood birds are on babies now. This was the first picture I've been able to get and the only reason I got his one was because Junior wasn't tucked away. Dad is one of my race winners from this past YB season and he WILL NOT let me see his babies. :mad:

·
Registered
25,396 Posts
That is such a great pic, Renee!!! Daddy is beautiful and the look on the baby's face is priceless, he looks so dreamy and chock full of food. :p

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
10 Days Old

Here's the most recent picture of the two babies in the first picture in this thread. I believe I posted somewhere that I always get 2 boys from one round and a girl and boy from one round. Well, nothing changed this year. The one on the left is a little red boy and the one on the right is a black splash girl. ;)

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
10 Days Old
Here's the most recent picture of the two babies in the first picture in this thread. I believe I posted somewhere that I always get 2 boys from one round and a girl and boy from one round. Well, nothing changed this year. The one on the left is a little red boy and the one on the right is a black splash girl. ;)
They're adorable, Renee. :)

Cindy

·
Registered
25,396 Posts
Those bags are well packed... looks like for a whole weekend. The parents are feeding them well.

I don't know how you get any work done with all those cute babies to love. :p

21 - 40 of 63 Posts