Pigeon-Talk banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
OOO, OOO, just look at all of us!! Aren't we the cutest things ever?!:D

Very nice pics. Always love to see them growing up. It must be fun.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
They are the cutest little fellows. Love the contrast between the two where one has pink skin and the other dark.

Went back and looked at them for the third time - the little red and its sibling look adorable together...almost identical poses.

More candidates for the picture contest for sure!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
They are the cutest little fellows. Love the contrast between the two where one has pink skin and the other dark.
The little pink skinned one is going to be mostly white. I can see her gray tail feathers coming in. Her mom is mostly white........

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I've been looking at these pictures every day (along with the 'We have a special SURPRISE !!' thread ;) ) and just LOVING them all! The set of first pictures you posted today - top right - OMG such personality!! Are the babies as soft, fluffy, and fuzzy as they look in pictures?
Well, the babies at this age, which is between 10 days and 14 days, are really heavy and chunky and sort of squishy.........:D They smell like babies........but they aren't really soft and fluffy as their feathers are just coming in and are bristly. I actually sometimes wonder if it bothers them to be held and messed with at this stage. But in about 5 more days........they DO get soft and fluffy..........and squeaky.........:D

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Growing, growing.........

Updated pics of some of my babies. I just LOVE the little black one in the second picture. He/She is so tiny and black a soot.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Here's 2413 with her babies. This is only the second set of babies I've ever raised off of her. Year before last, she was picking her babies feathers so I put her back on the race team. After her ordeal of getting lost and going to Indiana, I thought twice about racing her any more. She seems to be doing ok this year with the babies.
The second picture if of two that I just banded yesterday. They're about the last of the babies for this year.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Once again, turning out beautiful little babies, Renee :)
I'm sort of partial to all the pied/splashed squeakers you have. They're go pretty!

Good luck with the "new" mom. Hopefully this set of young will go a little smoother than last. After ending up so far away, if I were her, I'd like the idea of being safe in the breeding cage :p

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Once again, turning out beautiful little babies, Renee :)
I'm sort of partial to all the pied/splashed squeakers you have. They're go pretty!

Good luck with the "new" mom. Hopefully this set of young will go a little smoother than last. After ending up so far away, if I were her, I'd like the idea of being safe in the breeding cage :p
Yeah, I was prepared to have to hand raise Skydancers babies. Glad she's behaving herself, so far anyway. I've got to get a picture of a pair of babies over in the Widowhood loft. One is mostly white and the other appears to be a blue grizzle. Will be only the second grizzle I've ever raised.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
They are all such precious little bundles, and the last two look like identical twins. They look wonderful with their brand new RED 2008 bands. My baby's band is covered with poop now-that will all come off when he bathes. :)

Thanks for supplying me with another cuteness overload!!!

I would love to see how the older babies are doing too.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Renee,

They are all so doggone sweet. I can't get enough of the babies and I know it makes working in the loft all that more enjoyable every day. I know most of the people who know me think I'm nuts scraping poop every day for a bunch of pigeons. What they don't know is the pleasure of being in with the birds. Guess only pigeon lovers can understand it. Thank you so much for the pictures.

Margaret

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Renee,

They are all so doggone sweet. I can't get enough of the babies and I know it makes working in the loft all that more enjoyable every day. I know most of the people who know me think I'm nuts scraping poop every day for a bunch of pigeons. What they don't know is the pleasure of being in with the birds. Guess only pigeon lovers can understand it. Thank you so much for the pictures.

Margaret
Thank you and I understand completely!! ;)

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
They are all such precious little bundles, and the last two look like identical twins. They look wonderful with their brand new RED 2008 bands. My baby's band is covered with poop now-that will all come off when he bathes. :)

Thanks for supplying me with another cuteness overload!!!

I would love to see how the older babies are doing too.
Here's a picture of part of my first round, out enjoying the sun I guess....how they can sit out there is beyond me. The wind is blowing 20 to 30 miles an hour here today with gusts up to 40, but it's their choice. :rolleyes:
The other pics are of the white and grizzle babies.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Here's a couple others that are in the Widowhood loft. Haven't gotten a lot of pictures of them.
AND..........when I walked into the loft a few minutes ago I almost had heart failure!! :eek: I had given the single baby in the first pen a paper nest bowl this morning. Dad and Mom kept kicking out all the nesting material and the paper bowls are smaller and I hope a little warmer than the orange plastic ones. ANYWAY........the paper bowls are white, the walls are white, the light aren't on yet and for a second I didn't SEE the bowl and thought that they had knocked down the bowl with baby into the floor. About a 6 foot drop. THEN, I realized I had given them the white bowl. I was looking for an orange one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Renee,
The pictures are beautiful. I especially like the last picture of the two(silver, red check, don't know what) that look like twins. Keep the pixs coming it makes life enjoyable.

George

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Renee,
The pictures are beautiful. I especially like the last picture of the two(silver, red check, don't know what) that look like twins. Keep the pixs coming it makes life enjoyable.

George
I call them red checks. :rolleyes: They are a little different though with the gray/silver color in their feathers.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Probably the last of the baby pictures, as my second round is almost ready to wean now.
Second picture is 2413 and her almost grown babies.
Third picture is of baby helping Mom sit on dummy eggs. :D

41 - 60 of 63 Posts