Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. So, I have raised pigeons for a large portion of my life and know quite a bit about them. I have about 15 pigeons that are all off-springs of my two personal pets Tweety(female) and Jimmy(male). I let Tweety and Jimmy out of their cage everyday for 10-20 minutes and they just walk around their cage, eat grass/rocks, etc. But today, about an hour ago, I was herding them into their cage like aways an they flew off. I live in a very small town with about 80 people in it. That being said, we have a few large elevators/co-ops. Of which where many other pigeons hang out. It is very close to being dark out now and I'm afraid they're at the elevator and won't come back. Well I know they're at the elevator somewhere, but. We also have our fair share of wild cats and hawks that hang out around here. So, do you think they will come back? I've had them since they were babies. And they've been in the same location for over 4 years. But since they're with other pigeons now... I don't know.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
If they haven't flown in the area before, they may just keep flying till they get lost. They may not be able to find their way home. That is one of the dangers of letting pet birds out loose. They really need an aviary, or wired in enclosure where they can enjoy the outdoors safely. Really not worth taking a chance. Hopefully they will find their way back tomorrow.
Where are you located?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts