Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My birds are doing great, flying for about 45min-1hour before they come in for a landing and trap in...I'm at the point where I'm road tossing and I was wondering how you encourage them to trap immediatly after the race/flight...At this point I'm releasing from such a short distance that they are over my house by the time I got in the car, how do I begin to encourage them to land and trap quickly or am I bieng premature with my thinking? The birds fly in the evening(best time for me and less hawks about) and are fed on return to the loft.

Jason

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK thanks, so I won't concern myself with it for now. I'll get back to the basics..like remembering to close the trap door at night.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Yeah bro your good to go. It's better that your birds stay flying after a short toss. It keeps them in shape and helps build up their muscles. It's when they don't want to fly when you should concern yourself a little.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Short tosses usually results to loft flying. What you don't want is the YB hanging out outside the loft. If they are old enough try to keep them hungry before the toss and leave feed and water in the loft before you take them for a toss. After a couple of tosses, this will make them realize there's food and water waiting for them and would trap instantly upon arrival expecting food/ water is in the loft. Make sure you always leave food/ water inside the loft before leaving for the toss. Consistency will help train them faster. Good luck!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts