Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!

Well, Igg Salad Samwich AKA Samwich is fibally in full remission! Yay! See my other post if you wonder about the sad story.. He is a DNA male of 7 months old now. Scruffy, full of pin feathers and with a two years old child attitude :D

Well now. From what i have heard from other dove owners, they dont need or play with toys, are self contained and cuddly,

With Samwich, i couldnt emphasize enough about the cuddling! Oh my what a cuddle bug at night. Never been arounf a bird so cuddly in my life! He will lay on my chest for hours on and especially if im not feeling good! Hes a angel sent my way

On the other hand, i have been around parrots and Samwich has a full blow parrot "lifestyle"! Against others advice, i bought him toys anyways. There isnt one of them he hasnt played with! And like throwing them around, running after them, and he also plays amd runs after the dogs toys. Lol Hes got a huge condo and a specila place tomplay with a heated blaanket underneath. Bird bath, balls, kittty toys, box, two houses, you name it, he has it all!

He is no feisty lets oer say but has a bit of an attotude. I have had him for a month and half and im atill unsure if he has really choose me. Some days i can tell yes, some other not so much. Hes never attacked but getting gutsy with my hands. He is terrified of my hands whoch we are slowly working toward a friendly hand relationsjip. He doesnt freak out anymore but just double think about it at first. If he is by my face he is super confortable and let me give him dry kisses/massage with my dry lips and he loves it. He is such a character!

I was wondering if any of yous out there find their pigeon of dove being actually like parrots!? Like the two year old child full of piss and vinegar and such a joy to be around??

I love Samwich! He is just the best scruffy dove out there! Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Aww he's gorgeous isn't he, so glad you have your little angel to make you happy. My feral pigeon girl likes toys to play with and especially anything shiny like foil, I have cat toys too and she plays with us - very cute and always up for a game. The boy ferals aren't interested and neither are the tumbler pair, just my Gully and she also is the first to land on us when let out. They all peck me though and the boys defend their cages with gusto but Gully is half human (I'm sure :D) and the first pigeon I ever owned so perhaps just a little spoiled, lol. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aweee! Im glad Samwich isnt tge only one! Arent they like children? Lol

Im sure my little guy is half human aswell!

Thanks for sharing! :eek::D

Aww he's gorgeous isn't he, so glad you have your little angel to make you happy. My feral pigeon girl likes toys to play with and especially anything shiny like foil, I have cat toys too and she plays with us - very cute and always up for a game. The boy ferals aren't interested and neither are the tumbler pair, just my Gully and she also is the first to land on us when let out. They all peck me though and the boys defend their cages with gusto but Gully is half human (I'm sure :D) and the first pigeon I ever owned so perhaps just a little spoiled, lol. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
i don't know if my bird is much like a parrot but he loves to run around on the floor and roll whatever he find down there around. he disappears into the house and i say his name and he coos and comes back to me. most of the time he has so much fun playing under the couch he comes back covered in dust. he doesn't use his toys he just likes to run on the floor.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts