Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SF ACC Small Animals is always full and now, dealing with a custody case that brought in 50 rats, is full to over-flowing. Birds are at risk of euthanasia.

7 kings will be put down tomorrow if we can't get them out in time. I CANNOT take them.

They have-
-13 king pigeons
-3 game hens & 3 game roosters
-1 red hen & 1 red rooster

Any placements of these birds will help!

If you think you can help in any way, please contact
Elizabeth Young [[email protected]]

·
Registered
696 Posts
SF ACC Kings UPDATE

Hi-
I had posted my update to my original thread. Appreciate the effort but not sure starting a new thread is good (probably poster had seen my e-mail plea but not PT post). Anyways- news is good:

I'm moving the 4 hens and 7 kings today (still figuring out who goes where but all are moving) and so this crisis is passed. Clearly the BRILLIANT King Caravan idea is not a moment too soon. And here's my update from last night.

THANK YOU All!!

SF ACC King Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello-

Thank you EVER so much for all your efforts to help. Thank you for your research, your 'whatever it takes' support, your offers to pay shipping, your suggestions- thank you! I think we've got enough possibles in the works (for short-term fosters) that no bird will have to be killed.

If we can help place any of the chix/roosters, that does help take pressure off the kings. (I've got folks working on that, too. Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue is an INCREDIBLE volunteer organization in the Bay Area from whom I and all the area's birds get a TON of support). That said, if you can help, please do but want PT-ers to know you've got back up.

I'll post more details as they are finalized but didn't want folks overly-stressing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts