Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read much about people using bleach to sanitize their loft, I use peroxide. I learned this from a Dr over in India. Basically what he said; many of their troops were killed with chlorine gas so why use any form of chlorine, read the cautions on the label of bleach it is corrosive and can case lung damage. The Doctor uses peroxide to whip down his exam rooms. Also note you ever smell bleach in a doctor’s office or even a vet’s office. The Dr in India used peroxide 3%. You can buy this just about anywhere and it is cheaper than bleach. I use a 1 gallon bug sprayer; I spray the peroxide let set for 15 min. then wipe down. I also use wood shaving and mix a little white lime on the floor of the loft. I never had any infection or disease and did not do all the pre medicate. This is just my opinion use this system if you want, other people use other systems and also claim to have success again this has always worked for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use two parts peroxide to one part water. Sorry I should have added that.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i use peroxide in one spray bottle 100% and then i use a second bottle with Apple Cider Vinegar in it .... and i like it allot and haven't had any sick birds or bugs ... also mule borax in the bath water helps keep them clean and bug free :)

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Thats what my daughter said to use, she is an LPN, so when I run out of Vircon S thats what I plan do do. After reading Frank Mclaughlin's web site I bought Vircon S to sanitize the loft with, then I found out our fire department uses it for bio hazard spills.
Dave

·
Registered
812 Posts
i use peroxide in one spray bottle 100% and then i use a second bottle with Apple Cider Vinegar in it .... and i like it allot and haven't had any sick birds or bugs ... also mule borax in the bath water helps keep them clean and bug free :)
Bro
How do you mix mule borax in to the bath water? Is it a powder form? My pigeon bath tub has a 4 gallons capacity. How much borax do you think appropriate for 4 gallons? Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the borax idea for the bath, borax is another one of those products with many uses. thanks for the idea and information.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts