I have read much about people using bleach to sanitize their loft, I use peroxide. I learned this from a Dr over in India. Basically what he said; many of their troops were killed with chlorine gas so why use any form of chlorine, read the cautions on the label of bleach it is corrosive and can case lung damage. The Doctor uses peroxide to whip down his exam rooms. Also note you ever smell bleach in a doctor’s office or even a vet’s office. The Dr in India used peroxide 3%. You can buy this just about anywhere and it is cheaper than bleach. I use a 1 gallon bug sprayer; I spray the peroxide let set for 15 min. then wipe down. I also use wood shaving and mix a little white lime on the floor of the loft. I never had any infection or disease and did not do all the pre medicate. This is just my opinion use this system if you want, other people use other systems and also claim to have success again this has always worked for me.