Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannakuh, Blessed Ramadan. Winter Soltice or whatever you celebrate this time of year.

Yea, I'm Santa. I have been secretly buying presents for many years now, and distributing them to all the GOOD boys and girls (and sooo tired of it). So if you didn't get anything from me, then it's your own fault. :)

May your birds all come home quick from the races.
May you see the envy on your club members faces.
May Ganus ask you to sell him some birds.
May the Digest print your words.
May you lose your best hen due to being lax.
May she then come back pregnant from Zus Maxx.
May the hawks be slow on the fly.
May your grandchildren ask to give pigeons a try.
May all your birds feathers be silky and soft.
May your spouse ask to help clean the loft.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey Santa.
Thank's for the wishes. So what do think about those sled price's. $8.50 for a bale of hay, it's ridiculous!

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
THANK YOU, SANTA!!

How kind of you to take the "time" to post! Love your poem!!

And Brummie...Santa is "magic," so no worries about the cost of hay...;) :D

Love and Hugs with Scritches and WARM FUZZIES to ALL

Shi :)
Mr. Squeaks
Dom
Gimie
WoeBeGone

·
Registered
393 Posts
THANK YOU, SANTA!!

How kind of you to take the "time" to post! Love your poem!!

And Brummie...Santa is "magic," so no worries about the cost of hay...;) :D

Love and Hugs with Scritches and WARM FUZZIES to ALL

Shi :)
Mr. Squeaks
Dom
Gimie
WoeBeGone
You guy's are a blast. Thank's for not taking me too seriously...
But I do have issues about gravity!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Santa.
Thank's for the wishes. So what do think about those sled price's. $8.50 for a bale of hay, it's ridiculous!
Yea. Hay prices are bad, but the worst are the taxes. I also have to provide health care and 401K's for hundreds of elfs. Plus that darn Rudolph goes through batteries like you would not believe.

(and just between you and me, Mrs' Claus spends money like it grows on pine trees). :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yea. Hay prices are bad, but the worst are the taxes. I also have to provide health care and 401K's for hundreds of elfs. Plus that darn Rudolph goes through batteries like you would not believe.

(and just between you and me, Mrs' Claus spends money like it grows on pine trees). :)
You ought to grateful you pay taxe's, there are those in the world, who never have the privlege.They live in DC and all those other exotic place's.
Do not get me started on 401k!!! Okay, my company just annouced we have a new plan. It's a 200.5k plan. We give them money, and they say ther broke. Sound's like a deal to me?
Batterie's, if it was'nt for my granson turning that mill outside, I would not be on the computer right now.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You ought to grateful you pay taxe's, there are those in the world, who never have the privlege.They live in DC and all those other exotic place's.
Do not get me started on 401k!!! Okay, my company just annouced we have a new plan. It's a 200.5k plan. We give them money, and they say ther broke. Sound's like a deal to me?
Batterie's, if it was'nt for my granson turning that mill outside, I would not be on the computer right now.
:p Ha Ha. Funny stuff.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Gee, Santa...Elves should live hundreds of years and be quite healthy! They shouldn't have to worry about "retirement" and health plans! AND, you shouldn't have to worry about taxes and all that other stuff either! You should be exempt!

However, I have heard nasty rumors that Santa could have health issues due to being rather - ah - rotund. However, magic is magic and I don't pay any attention to rumors anyway!

WHAT? Rudolph uses batteries??? I thought he was born a "mutant" reindeer (actually, isn't he a SHE if there are antlers in the winter??).

Then, again, with MAGIC....anything is possible!! :D

Love and Hugs anyway

Shi ;) :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Taxes??? At the North pole??? God help us, the government is everywhere.

Merry Christmas and God Bless,
Tony

·
Registered
459 Posts
HO HO HIIIIIIIIIIII, Darn i still need to work on that cheery laugh of mine, ( says santa right before hoping into his sleigh)!!!!!

merry christmas everyone and hopefully a better 2010!!!!

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Merry Christmas Santa! :) LOL. I love the poem.

Hope everyone has a good Christmas and New Years. And happy holidays to those who celebrate other things :)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We opened presents already. My youngest son got me two black shirts. One long sleeve and one short sleeved. They have a pigeon emblem on the left chest area, with the words "Pigeon Racing, the Sport of Kings".

I love them. Can't wait to wear them somewhere.

My oldest son who is in San Antonio (I am in Ohio), apparently has been attempting to purchase me a pair of birds from Mike Ganus, which according to my son, were advertised on Ganus' web site, but when my son emailed Ganus and asked to purchase them and have them shipped to me, my son says that Ganus reffered him to one of the auction sites, stating that the birds were no longer available from his site directly.

I checked out the site and the birds are not on the site as "for sale", thus, either Ganus removed them after my son contacted him. Or, my son is mistaken.

Oh well. It's the thought that counts.

I only found out because my son "confessed" about his attempt at a surprise and asked for my advice as to how to proceed. I told him to forget it. I have enough presents this year. Maybe next year. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts