Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the flea market today ..i saw some very pretty birds in very poor condition ... so i wanted to help..i took home 4 birds ..very skinny and and look sick ...they will stay away from my birds ...until they are healthy

take a look ...red white bar??

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
They look beautiful! Did you ask the seller what kinds they are?

·
Registered
514 Posts
went to the flea market today ..i saw some very pretty birds in very poor condition ... so i wanted to help..i took home 4 birds ..very skinny and and look sick ...they will stay away from my birds ...until they are healthy

take a look ...red white bar??

these birds are too beautiful to be unhealthy and skinny ㅠㅠ you did a good job thanks for saving their precious life~^^

·
Registered
514 Posts
what do you call that pigeon's color on the second picture on your first post? i have a blue pigeon with exactly the same wingshield as these pigeons have~ is it bronze~?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Can someone explain the difference between a Satinette and a German Owl? They seem so close that it's confusing. I have one and am not sure what it is.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
These are Satinettes. Old German Owls do not come in frill stencil like these, and they are clean legged.
These are brown bars. They call them Brunettes. They may be khaki, which is dilute brown. Hard to tell. In that case, they'd be called Sulphurettes.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Thanks Becky. Are Old German owls always clean legged?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Thanks Becky. Are Old German owls always clean legged?
Yes :) And Oriental Frills are always feather legged. Another difference I forgot to add, OGO's should have shell crests, while Frills should have peak crests.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Then what is it if it has a shell crest, but feathered legs down to the feet? Could it be a mix? Maybe I should just start another thread or post it in pic of the day and you can see it.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
They are really adorable looking birds !!

Just out of curiosity .........May I ask what kind of price that these birds were for sale for at such a market ???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts