Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all,
Recently this young lady dropped in my loft. Her feathers were roughly cut,I presume she escaped from somewhere. No band,but that's normal in Bangladesh. I keep an open loft, ie. my birds 'free fly' all day, and it's normal for 'visitors' to pop by once in a while. She started to trap into my loft regularly, and it was obvious she wanted to stay. I plucked out some of the cut feathers,so new ones could grow back. She seemed quiet gentle and bug free, so I let her stay with my other pigeons,only sad thing is I dont have an extra male to pair up with her just yet. I find almost all pigeons to be very beautiful,her being no exception. Yesterday,while I was browsing the net I saw pics of similar pigeons and they were called 'Saxon Fairy'...only difference is that she does not have big muffs (ie. feet feathers) I took some pics just now and would like the forums opinion: Is this a 'Saxon Fairy'?..possibily some kind of hybrid that doesn't have feet feathers? [I'm sorry I couldn't get better pics,but she was not happy to be put into the cage for me to take pics..also I suspect she is about to lay] Thanks in advance. Peace,
YaSin :)

PS. here is a link in case the pics dont upload here
http://picpaste.com/IMG_2847-2rW0WIdw.jpg
http://picpaste.com/IMG_2845-UDs4HKVg.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi YaSin, She sure is a beatuiful bird - Lucky you:) Can't tell you what breed she is (I'm a bit new at this) but I did want to tell you that she's georgeous. I've always had a soft spot for white or pied piegeons. Good luck with her and the eggs, looks like one of your males must have taken a liking to her.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses everybody :D
SpiritWings: that was an informative link,learnt alot,thanks.
ValencianFigs: I personally don't think it's a Shirazi,thou you are right, there are many here. BTW, I tried to visit yr website, but just found some ads....though I'ld let you know.

Good Luck to all,Peace,

·
Registered
948 Posts
Thanks for the responses everybody :D
SpiritWings: that was an informative link,learnt alot,thanks.
ValencianFigs: I personally don't think it's a Shirazi,thou you are right, there are many here. BTW, I tried to visit yr website, but just found some ads....though I'ld let you know.

Good Luck to all,Peace,

Thanks, apparently i forgot to reregister it... lol.. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts