Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave Echo a bath this morning and while he was in a towel I tried to take a photo to show how well the injury on his chest is healing. Unfortunately, as you can see, he turned his head and looked into the camera at the wrong time.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This evening he was quite aggressive towards me when I got too close to him.
He hit me with his wing, made pecking motions towards me, and, for the first time made noises at me. He made a slightly angry cooing/growling sound.
In a strange way, I am pleased he is angry with me, although I would like him to trust me more at least I know that he has spare energy and is behaving normally.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know I've only had him for a few weeks and he has been through a really bad trauma so I'm not expecting him to love me but I am sad for him that he will probably never be free again.

I will work to slowly gain a bit more of his trust, he was much calmer this morning, I guess they have moods just like people. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This morning Echo ate out of my hand ...... until one of my fingers moved, then he pecked me :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will take things very slowly but it seems as if he is only angry with me when he remembers to be. He is cooing a lot now, I hope that is a good sign, he is my first bird so I don't understand him yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts