1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Is it yellow or white?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
You said the bird is sick and I don't remember in what way.
What are the symptoms?
Has this bird and your others been treated for canker?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i got that group of birds i gave them each one Trimonex combination tablets. two where sick. this one was all hunched over in the loft . i separated them and he looks better now. i think when i got him he was very young..he still has little fuzz on his head.i can feel and see his breast bone..

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I've not heard of trimonex combo tablets although I can tell you I don't like those combo pills very much. The ones that I have looked at don't have enough of any one medication to do much of anything. May be helpful as a prevention but not as a cure.
"Hunched over"...is one of the symptoms of canker.
How much are you feeding him and how often?
Are you feeding Exact ...corn and pea pops?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
On that particular part of the beak canker is a possibility but very unlikely. That area is too exposed and inhospitable for the organism that causes the disease to survive, canker usually thrives further back in the oral cavity. It could be a pox pustule, if that is the caes it will soon become apparent.

As this is a young bird his immune system won't be very strong, whatever the lump is, strengthening his immune system with Echinacea should help.

Cynthia

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
i have this also but did not use it http://www.foyspigeonsupplies.com/catalog/1315.html

mostly corn and peas 1 time per day but there is feed in there to peak at.. any suggestions on any hi calorie feed?
Is he eating the seed? I don't think one feeding a day is enough, unless he is eating a lot on his own. I would try giving him food a few times a day, even with seed left there for him to peck at. They usually like safflower seeds, which you could mix in, and they're higher in fat for weight gain. I sometimes use Nutri-stat. It is sold in pet stores, it's for dogs and cats. Has lots of vitamins and minerals in it, and CALORIES. It helps. I mix it with formula and give it that way if I'm trying to put weight on. I just give it in an eye dropper. You need to try to get more food into him. How much is he eating on his own?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
that is so small, it does not look like anything to concernd about at this point...just wait and watch if it gets bigger......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts