Pigeon-Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
It's sad that people get entertainment from that. Over 2 million views worldwide? Poor pigeon :( And poor pelican too, that looked pretty painful!

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I don't think it's really all his fault. Once it got in his beak, he probably just thought it was food. Except I doubt the normal fish has a sharp beak and toenails....but still, you get the point.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Oh no, that wasn't very nice. That was a disturbing video, and so unnatural.
That pelican was obviously distressed, I can't believe all anyone could think to do was to film it!
Some of the comments imply that the pelican is 'stupid', I think that the HUMANS were evidently the idiots in this instance.

·
Registered
967 Posts
HUMANS are ALWAYS the STUPID ones!! :(

WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING TO MANKIND??? :(

Shi :)
Well there wasn't much to do to help, if they would have gone in, the pelican would have ran, and what are we supposed to do, strangle the pelican to get the pigeon? Or by the time they got a net or something to catch the pelican the damage would have already been done. So I don't really see how we are stupid.

Im not saying this video was funny.

·
Registered
967 Posts
And so the other animals are some how smarter cause they havnt thoughtout technology to film something. I strongly disagree with the statement that we are stupid. I belive humans are not just another animal not just another "one in a million random gene mutation" just cause we have the knowledge of what the animals are doing and some think it is funny so they film it doesn't mean we r all stupid. If we were truly more stupid than the animals they would be coming to save us when we r sick, not the other way around.

I think the pelican was stupid, and I don't get how we r all stupid because we didn't help with the pelicans mistake.
What is the harm in watching it. It's two animals if it was a human killing the animal for some sick pleasure than there is something wrong but this was two animals! That is what happens, not human caused. Some on here protect animals from abusive humans what should they have done it was the wildlife themselves.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I just want to know what u guys would have done? U saw the clip it wasn't that long to go get a net. What r u supposed to do kill the pelican to get the pigeon? The pelican was wild it would have ran away. What else is there to do watch? Walk away? Scream at it? Go get a net, come back it's too late. Or for some this was once in a lifetime moment and they happened to have a camera.

·
Registered
632 Posts
You may be right, but the pelican was busy enough and the pigeon was in his beak for AGES! There's a chance that, if someone jumped in and tried to get his beak open, both pigeon and pelican would have been much better off! Then again, I've heard pelicans can and will give you a very nasty peck!

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Human kind is dumb because there are all sorts of bad things going on and most of us do nothing to try to stop it, or at least, the people who have the ability to. We'll be the end of ourselves :rolleyes: I say we're dumb because we're not stupid. We do have intelligence, it's just the majority of us are too dumb to use it.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I just want to know what u guys would have done? U saw the clip it wasn't that long to go get a net. What r u supposed to do kill the pelican to get the pigeon? The pelican was wild it would have ran away. What else is there to do watch? Walk away? Scream at it? Go get a net, come back it's too late. Or for some this was once in a lifetime moment and they happened to have a camera.
I would have gotten a bunch of people to help me catch the darn thing. Not only was the pigeon being eaten alive, but the pelican could have gotten some injuries trying to swallow a pigeon who is frantically trying to escape. If all else fails, at least I tried. Definitely wouldn't be standing there watching, or laughing, as I'm sure some did.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
exactly mna,thats what ia am talking about..all people in youtube say that it is survival and red donkeys,i dont believe that...people could have saved that poor pigeon...the pigeon was fighting so desperately to stay alive

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
At the end, we saw the bird was in its throat, not just the pouch, so I assume it did eventually get swallowed. But we don't know it for sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
most people say no..i believe the pelican died or if it survved it would have serous neck problems..i thnk the pigeon scratched his neck from the inside:(

·
Registered
297 Posts
?

The thing I keep wondering is why the heck did the pelican try to eat the pigeon alive anyway? Clearly it was TRYING to eat it, you guys all saw how just about when is was gonna get out, the pelican arched it's head back trying to swallow it!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.