Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

since our club here doesn't have YB races me and a friend decided to send YBs to Bill Hatcher of WinnerscupUSA. i sent my 2 birds last monday afternoon and USPS said the birds should be there by wednesday. i woke up this morning and checked the status of the birds and was surprised to find out they are still not delivered to Bill and still sitting somewhere in OK.

since this birds are for racing will it compromise their health because of this delay or will they just be fine?

Label/Receipt Number: EH68 XXXXXXXXXXX
Associated Label/Receipt:
Detailed Results:

Processed, April 15, 2009, 11:42 pm, SHAWNEE, OK 74804
Processed, April 15, 2009, 2:37 pm, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73125
Processed, April 13, 2009, 3:50 pm, SAN DIEGO, CA 92137
Acceptance, April 13, 2009, 1:03 pm, LEMON GROVE, CA 91945

thanks,

kalapati
San Diego
http://bluebarloft.from-ca.com:81/Jview.htm

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
hi,

since our club here doesn't have YB races me and a friend decided to send YBs to Bill Hatcher of WinnerscupUSA. i sent my 2 birds last monday afternoon and USPS said the birds should be there by wednesday. i woke up this morning and checked the status of the birds and was surprised to find out they are still not delivered to Bill and still sitting somewhere in OK.

since this birds are for racing will it compromise their health because of this delay or will they just be fine?

Label/Receipt Number: EH68 XXXXXXXXXXX
Associated Label/Receipt:
Detailed Results:

Processed, April 15, 2009, 11:42 pm, SHAWNEE, OK 74804
Processed, April 15, 2009, 2:37 pm, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73125
Processed, April 13, 2009, 3:50 pm, SAN DIEGO, CA 92137
Acceptance, April 13, 2009, 1:03 pm, LEMON GROVE, CA 91945

thanks,

kalapati
San Diego
First of all CONGRADULATIONS !!! on stepping up to the plate to play with the Big Boys !! :p

Hold on to the paperwork, you have a 100% refund coming, this shipment will be for free.

2nd of all, I am confused as all heck, as to where they were all day on the 14th !! Cross your fingers, they will dehydrated, but Bill is a pro, and they will be in the best of care, then perhaps any other One Loft event in the country !!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Regarding shipment of birds, does the usps deliver them to your address, or do you pick them up at a special postal terminal?
I think you have to pick them up. I've never heard of them being dropped off at anyones house before. The shipper of the birds would put your phone number down as a contact number for when the birds arrive at their destination. You would normally get a call from the post office once the birds have arrived and then you can go pick them up. Simple as that...:D

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I think you have to pick them up. I've never heard of them being dropped off at anyones house before. The shipper of the birds would put your phone number down as a contact number for when the birds arrive at their destination. You would normally get a call from the post office once the birds have arrived and then you can go pick them up. Simple as that...:D
If you don't arrange with the PO to pick up the birds, they will be delivered. There's a section on the form that you fill out and the birds are guaranteed to be delivered either by 12:00 noon or 3:00 PM...........thus the reason for getting them AT the PO. They could potentially ride around with your mail carrier for a few more hours in the heat or cold..........IF you aren't at home, then they will ride around some more and be taken back to the PO when the route is over. Now, I would hope that most mail carriers would be kind enough to just take the bird back to the PO if the weather warrants it, but I wouldn't count on that happening.
It's much simpler to just call the PO, tell them birds are coming and to please call you when they arrive so you can pick them up.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
If you don't arrange with the PO to pick up the birds, they will be delivered. There's a section on the form that you fill out and the birds are guaranteed to be delivered either by 12:00 noon or 3:00 PM...........thus the reason for getting them AT the PO. They could potentially ride around with your mail carrier for a few more hours in the heat or cold..........IF you aren't at home, then they will ride around some more and be taken back to the PO when the route is over. Now, I would hope that most mail carriers would be kind enough to just take the bird back to the PO if the weather warrants it, but I wouldn't count on that happening.
It's much simpler to just call the PO, tell them birds are coming and to please call you when they arrive so you can pick them up.
I did not know that....They called me to pick-up my birds when they arrived. Maybe that's how they do it here in my area. I assumed that that was the case because people around here had to do the same.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Hi Henry,Well I have had birds deliverd to my house,this happens when the person that ships the birds does not put down my phone number. I also have picked them up at the post office,and when I do I always check the birds out AT the post office,this way if there is a dead bird in the shipment they at the post office are right there and see the dead bird, and I can file a claim on the spot. GEORGE;)

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
hi,

Hi Kalapati, I just was wondering why you would send birds to Oklahoma when there are 3 races in SAN DIEGO, 1UP IN ORANGE COUNTY, and the SNOWBIRD race in the SAN FRANDINO valley, all are within driving distance so you could deliver the birds and see the loft in which they will be kept, you can be at these races at the cost of gas to drive there.GEORGE;)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Hi Henry,Well I have had birds deliverd to my house,this happens when the person that ships the birds does not put down my phone number. I also have picked them up at the post office,and when I do I always check the birds out AT the post office,this way if there is a dead bird in the shipment they at the post office are right there and see the dead bird, and I can file a claim on the spot. GEORGE;)
Good point about checking the birds out at the PO. Then there won't be any questions about your claim if one or all of the birds arrive dead.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Kalapati, I just was wondering why you would send birds to Oklahoma when there are 3 races in SAN DIEGO, 1UP IN ORANGE COUNTY, and the SNOWBIRD race in the SAN FRANDINO valley, all are within driving distance so you could deliver the birds and see the loft in which they will be kept, you can be at these races at the cost of gas to drive there.GEORGE;)

well last years races here in SD were a smashed. too many birds did not come home...lol. anyway i will still be sending birds here in our club's San Diego Classic. they just started accepting YBs yesterday.

kalapati
San Diego

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First of all CONGRADULATIONS !!! on stepping up to the plate to play with the Big Boys !! :p

Hold on to the paperwork, you have a 100% refund coming, this shipment will be for free.

2nd of all, I am confused as all heck, as to where they were all day on the 14th !! Cross your fingers, they will dehydrated, but Bill is a pro, and they will be in the best of care, then perhaps any other One Loft event in the country !!!!

thanks Warren. i was on my way to work this morning when Bill called and said he already got the birds. he said he'll make sure the birds are hydrated immediately and also reminded me of going back to the PO for a shipment cost refund.

kalapati
San Diego

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
well last years races here in SD were a smashed. too many birds did not come home...lol. anyway i will still be sending birds here in our club's San Diego Classic. they just started accepting YBs yesterday.

kalapati
San Diego
Hi KALAPAI, Tough race course is what they say but that a load of BS.the last time I had a bird in the classic (1996) 6 on the drop first day and my birds was one of them,it took two days for them to clock enough birds to pay out the prize money. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
hi,

I am in the same situation. There is a One Loft Race, perhaps 25 minutes from my house. But, I am not looking for the most convenient for me, but for one of the best managed and housed One Loft events in the country, for my pigeons. Not, to take anything away from any of those you mention, but IMHO....the Winners Cup is really setting the Gold Standard for One loft races. I am not getting any compensation for my endorsement, but the Winners Cup is currently the only One Loft event, that I have granted space on my web site.

I don't just hand out such lofty endorsements to just anyone, if I did not believe it, I would not say it, and I certainly would not give a review, unless in my heart and soul, I knew it to be true.

http://smithfamilyloft.com/Winners-Cup.html

bbcdon again, IMHO has tipped toed right into a Rolls Royce of a One Loft Race. When he gets his birds back at the end of this series of races, and he pulls the birds out of the box, he will instantly be able to see how very well these birds are cared for. And it helps, if you have gotten birds back from other One Loft events, in order to have something to compare them to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.