Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
but they dont dance or talk.

they just jump around and go wild,

and they are not mates so they dont lay eggs or anything.

o yea, and they are pretty much the same size.

Did you just get these birds and are they young/babies? Sounds like it....give them time to mature, then you will see them interacting and play acting with each other. They don't actually become physically mature until they are 5 to 6 months old, and emotionally mature to be parents around a year.

They can give you suttle hints as to their sex by the way they behave-or stand, or speak, but if you are new with pigeons-that may be the reason why you can't tell, and with some birds you never know until they drop the egg.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
how do you tell which is which?
The fail safe method...is that only hens lay eggs. I can guarantee you that this is true 100% of the time !

After you have experience, you will develope a keen sense of how to tell cocks from hens. Sometimes when they are young they can fool you, but the majority of the time, the males will well...look "male", they strut, do that little dance in circles, and generally are more aggressive. Some strains have cocks which look like hens....I like cocks which look like cocks, and hens which look like hens. If I ever end up with a champ racer which is male, and looks like a hen, I will not keep it for my breeding loft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.