Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sheds from the shed guy up the road from me and convert it into a loft.

it seems to me that most racing pigeon folks prefer the use of a storage shed and then convert it into a loft. i am new to this and if it works out i will need to get a larger loft.
for those who purchased a pre constructed shed to convert into a loft, what where some key features you needed to have? style? height? width?
i know by looking at most pictures that the entrance doors where at the gable end.
here is a pic of one ..if the doors where on the gable end it would work..

Attachments

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
sheds from the shed guy up the road from me and convert it into a loft.

it seems to me that most racing pigeon folks prefer the use of a storage shed and then convert it into a loft. i am new to this and if it works out i will need to get a larger loft.
for those who purchased a pre constructed shed to convert into a loft, what where some key features you needed to have? style? height? width?
i know by looking at most pictures that the entrance doors where at the gable end.
here is a pic of one ..if the doors where on the gable end it would work..
What is the size of this shed hight,with, lenthGEORGE;)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Nice shed. Just add aviary, trap, perches and boxes and you are almost finished. Maybe you can add more vents as well. I have mistaken that shed for British or even Belgian.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Two key ingredients that every loft needs is Air and to be dry. Most sheds can keep birds dry, but may not have enough air circulation. From the looks of that shed, it would make a great loft. You would need to get air through it some how.

Randy

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I like to add sun to that as well. It is free and bird loves to bathe on it. Even folks here love to sunbathe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts